SEVEN

Monique's POV

I had a long day, just walking around town greeting people and going to houses. A princess can be a tiring work, with waving, flying kisses, lies, corsets and fake ass parents.

And that's why I'm never going back when I escape this hell hole.

I was feeling sweaty as Jisung, Rosella and I walked back to the carriage in the town's square. I cleared my throat to say something but they didn't hear it. I motioned for Jisung to let shut them up.

"Silence!" He blared. The people instantly went quiet. I put up a sincere smile. "I am so honored to be welcomed to your humble abodes and to be able to meet wonderful people like you all. The sun is setting and the day is ending and I would have to go home,"

They groaned sadly. "But do not worry, I promise to visit as soon as possible, might be sooner or later. Thank you very much for keeping Crescent a safe kingdom and one that can be a home for everyone. Goodbye!"

I waved my hand again once again (and I feel like my wrist is going to fall off anytime soon) and entered the carriage, Jisung holding the door. Rosella went in then Jisung. He closed the door and the carriage drove away from the square.

I twirled my wrist, groaning. There was so much pain from all of that waving and my feet felt so sore from walking all around with these five inches of a heel. "I'm so tired~." I rest my back on the seat and let my eyes close on its own.

"Do you want a massage when we get home, princess?" I opened an eye to Rosella. "Aren't you tired, too? I'll let Luciana do it, or not. The tiredness would fall off when I sleep anyway." I said and yawned.

"Oh, no, I'm not tired, princess." I waved my hand. "Don't lie. I know you are. You accompanied me for today so Luciana would do such work, alright?" She nodded.

Jisung was just looking out the window when he immediately looked at me. "By the way, princess, Mark wants to meet you in the practice room tomorrow. He has to say something important." I just replied a tired 'yes' and took a short nap the way back.

I felt the carriage stop and opened my eyes. I immediately went off without Jisung going first and took a run towards my room. "Princess, you still need to go to the throne room!" I heard Rosella remind me from the carriage.

I groaned and took heavy steps to the hell room. I then straightened my back and went in with proper walking. Mother and Father were now alone, no advisors around. I bowed to them and waited for them to say something.

"How was the trip? Don't lie." Father snapped. I let out a sigh and spoke, from when I went down from that carriage to going to various places around town. I even dared speak of my visit to the library. They didn't mind. It was a part of my schedule.

There was an eerie silence at first then Mother spoke. "Did you borrow any books?" I shook my head. I've been lying for years and I can lure them in their own trap. "I haven't, Mother. I still have many books in my bed room."

They nodded. "Very well. Luciana has already sent your dinner in your bed room. You shan't hear our discussion of the Royal Knights' celebration and your marriage with Alvertos," I sighed at the second one.

"Don't you dare go down from your room and eavesdrop." I nodded. "Understood, Father." He motioned his hand away. "Now, go. You are such a sore in the eye." He said and I almost spat out, "and so are you."

I slapped myself on my way outside, meeting with Rosella near the stairs. We walked side by side towards my bed room. As soon as Rosella opened the door, I immediately took off my heels and ran towards my bed.

"I miss you," I said through muffled voice, my face buried on the bed sheets. I raised my head and looked at Luciana. "Can you massage me after I take a shower?" She nodded. "I will prepare the tub as you rest, princess."

I just raised a thumb and felt the soft surface of my bed. "Princess, your gown." I waved my hand at Rosella. "Five minutes." I said. I almost dozed off but sometimes, five minutes feels like a second.

I stood up from my bed and Rosella helped me take off my gown. I walked to my shower room and saw Luciana just finishing up on checking the water's temperature.

I slid in, the hot water hugging my tired body. The wounds in my back hurt a bit but I didn't mind. "What's for tomorrow?" I asked Luciana. "There is no schedule for tomorrow, princess." I smiled, sighing. "Thank God. I'm going to read books and sip milk all day."

Minutes later, I finished and went to dress up. "Princess, do I stilk have to--" I cut Luciana off. "No, no. No need. I can sleep as long as I want. You and Rosella go take some rest. I'll be fine. Good night." She bowed and scurried away.

I went to my bed and let myself drown in my pillows. I'm going to have a good night's sleep.

•••

"This is your chance. Go before they see us, especially you." He said, but I didn't let go of his arm. "How about you?" He shook his head. "I'm the Head Knight, remember? They need me in the celebration, princess."

"I can't go alone, Mark, please.." I begged my teacher, tears brimming in my eyes. He stared at me before he slowly pushed me to the palace doors. "Don't worry. You'll be alright."

We then heard stomps coming from the stairs, swords clamoring through steel armor. Mark gave me a serious look. With a stern voice, he said, "Run."

I did.

And there was no turning back now.

I ran as fast as I can. My vision was blurry because of my tears. I would be alone out there in the woods, but it would be better, won't it? To start a new life with no one knowing who I am.

I looked back and gasped as I saw the castle devoured by enormous flames. I stopped running to see the hell of my whole life.. burning.

It was a sight to see.

I looked down on the path I have taken and my heart hammered on my chest. Flames snaked from the castle towards me. I turned my back from my once home and ran away.

I glanced back to back and everytime I look behind, the trail of fire gets closer and closer to me. "No," I muttered, my lips trembling. "No! No, no!"

I screamed as the fire touched my heel and I was engulfed in flames.

"NO!" My eyes shot open. I was sweating like a mule and my breaths were heavy. I closed my eyes. "Please tell me that dream is not true.." I mumbled to myself. I sighed and went back to sleep.

But that nightmare haunted me.

•••