12: [Y/N] is a split-second late!

˙·٠•●♥ [ Chapter 12 ] ♥●•٠·˙

[Y/N] is a split-second late!

⚜⚛⚜⚛⚜⚛⚜

     You found your self staring blankly at the large Buddha statue. You once remembered coming to this place with your whole family but now, it somehow felt like a distant hazy dream that never happened at all.

     Your sentimental feelings were empty but you understood full well why Yuzuriha was in tears just from seeing it.

     "What's wrong, Yuzuriha!? Who made you cry!? Was it me!?" Taiju panics and points at himself. It made him feel terribly concerned seeing the brunette girl crying.

     She quickly stops his questions with her hands out towards him, "No, I'm not crying-!"

     "I mean, It's not that I'm crying...! But it's not like that Taiju-kun!" She shakes her head, her tears falling from her cheeks.

     You smiled at your friend softly and pat her shoulder so she knows you were also there. She looks up to you with sad eyes, "Y-You know, [Y/N]-chan... I just woke up today and nothing feels real right now... But seeing the Great Budhha of Kamakura made me realize we really are in Japan."

     "It really has been thousands of years. I started thinking about my mom... dad... and everyone else."

     You couldn't feel the same as Yuzuriha even if you tried your hardest. You honestly didn't miss anyone else other than these people you were with today. Everyone you genuinely cared for was here right now and you couldn't ask for more.

     Was that strange? Selfish?

     Even with unlike feelings, you weren't a heartless friend. You wrapped your arms around the girl and hummed a familiar comforting tune.

     It was [song of your choice].

     You hummed it in a slow and comforting tune. Yuzuriha's eyes blurred from tears, realizing what song you were humming and felt more nostalgic. She remembers how you would hum it every now and then before the petrification.

     She was surprised, she knew you weren't a touchy person and would always avoid it if you can. She was usually the one who would hug you, not the other way around.

     "It's okay, Yuzuriha... We're here." You mumbled softly, "We're going to stop Tsukasa and revive all 7 billion people with the power of science."

     "Senku and I will make sure of that. It's okay~"

     Yuzuriha clutches your back's shirt, her tears streamed down her face as she sobs, "Thank you, [Y/N]-chan..."

     "Thank you."

     Senku stares at the two of you, agitated at the scene in front of him.

     "Oi, are you two trying to make a sappy show?" Senku picks his ear, "If that's the case, how about you two save it for later when we make a filmmaker?"

     "Senku! They're having a moment!" Taiju whispered (not really, you girls can hear what he's saying) at him in sweat.

     "Yeah, Senku! Besides, even if we were filming movies, I'm afraid you won't be invited to play a part! You're too unqualified." You sadly pouted, a hand on your cheek in pity.

     "You won't be invited either, [Y/N]."

     "Oh? You literally just said-"

     "You're just a props woman."