7: Senku wants to keep it!

˙·٠•●♥ [ Chapter 7 ] ♥●•٠·˙

Senku wants to keep it!

⚜⚛⚜⚛⚜⚛⚜

     You were walking back to the tree house after placing a bucket on the cave nearby to collect nitric acid. You and Senku needed more to experiment with.

     You looked at the foraged items Taiju had brought in amusement.

     Just yesterday afternoon, Taiju was able to find the hint you and Senku carved on a tree. It was also where Yuzuriha's statue was. You remembered how he greeted you with an attempted hug before getting stopped by Senku for being butt-naked.

     "At least it's a huge haul I guess." Senku starts, "What kind of cheat gave you that stamina?"

     "Hm~? I'm more concerned at the fact that you actually brought back a dead boar." You pointed your finger at the basket. You knew Taiju wasn't the type to kill animals, "There's no way you actually killed that, did you?"

     Taiju laughs nervously, "I kinda just saw it randomly! It didn't look decayed yet so I decided to bring it with me!"

     You leaned down to inspect it, "It doesn't smell nor have any bad spots that indicate sickness."

     'Huh, strange.' You thought, it was almost as if it was pure luck that Taiju found it.

     You shrugged your shoulders, 'Oh well, I can always hunt boars if we're craving one next time.'

     "I say it's safe to eat. Looks like we'll have meat for lunch today~" You concluded, clasping your hands together.

     You looked at your side to see Senku sorting out the mushrooms and greens. He comments which were edibles or poisonous.

     After that, you both ate your lunch before Taiju trots off to scavenge more food leaving you and Senku behind.

     "Hey Senku, I placed the bucket in the cave. Maybe you could check it out for me later. It's been an hour already, it'll probably be full by then." You said, standing up and taking the used up sticks that you three used to eat and placed them on a huge stone near the house.

     "Huh? Where are you going?" Senku asks, seeing you sling a basket over your shoulders and take another one by your hands.

    "I'm going to collect seashells. Also, I want a bath. I'm all sticky and oily, I hate it. "

     Senku raises an eyebrow, he knew what the seashells were for so he didn't question it.

     He snickers and smirks at you, "Looks like the pampered princess is having beauty problems. You don't have anyone doing all your chores now, huh?"

     You looked at the basket your holding sadly, "It doesn't matter now... It's been months. I'm quite sure I can do things by my own."

     You looked at him with a small smile waving, "Well, I'll see you later, Senku."

     He only raises his hand at you with his signature smirk. With that, you walk towards to the direction of the sea.

⚜⚛⚜⚛⚜⚛⚜

     After filling up the basket with shells you collected, you stripped off your clothes and placed them on top of the basket. You dipped yourself in the water. It was lukewarm and relaxing.