Chapter 21 : The Secret Revealed

"Emma dear?" Karen walked inside her room then she closed the door.

"I'm sorry mom. I'm sorry," She sobbed. Emma stood in the middle of the room and cried. Her hand on her chest.

"No no. There is no need for you to apologize," Karen walked to her daughter and hugged her. Then she proceeded her to sit on her bed.

She hugged Emma until Emma calmed down. She stroked her hair gently and soothed her. Slow and steady Emma breath calmed down. When she felt there was no sobbing sound from Emma, Karen pulled back a little looked to Emma's face. She rubbed her cheek gently whilst smiling at her.

"How long you've been standing out there, Mom?" Emma asked Karen.

"Um. I followed you two when he after you. I worried because your face looked like you wanted to cry," she replied whilst smiling at her

Emma gave a sad chuckle, "That means you've heard all of it". Karen nodded. She put her hands-on Emma's. Holding it tight

"Since when dear you have that feeling?" Karen asked her.

Emma gave her sad smile. "Last summer mom".

Karen gasped, " Is he.. when you cried.."

Emma nodded. Then Karen hugged her again. She released the hug then held Emma's hand.

"Like I said. We've ended it last summer. But apparently my feelings toward him is still there. I thought its just stupid crush, or summer fling. But I was wrong," Emma shook her head tears falling from her eyes again. "And I... he..he already move on and I stuck. I thought its gonna easily gone but I was wrong".

Karen listened to her. She looked at her with concerned.

"I will be fine mom I just need more time, " Emma said rubbing her hand on Karen's.

"How far you two..."

Emma chuckled, "Just kiss mom. We just kiss". Karen nodded and gave her small smile.

"Look mom. I will be fine. Don't do anything that I suspect you want to do" Emma said in stern voice.

"What do you mean" Karen asked.

"Cancel the wedding? I can see it from your eyes. Don't! Don't ever think about that. My feelings towards him will be gone. It will be replaced by something else so don't ever think to do anything stupid," Emma tried to reassure Karen. Karen bit her own lips," You deserve it mom. You've been through a lot. James is a good person. Please Mom," there was hesitation in Karen's eyes.

"Please Mom. Whatever you think right now. Please don't cancel the wedding. I'm not a kid. I will be fine mom,"

Karen didn't answer straight away. She looked into Emma's eyes. Rubbed her cheek gently and wiped the remain tears. Then she nodded.

"Great Mom," Emma jumped hugging her mom. She hugged her tightly.

There was knocked on the door. Emma release the hug, stood up from her bed, and walked to the door. She opened it and there was Alex.

"Hi. I thought you might need this," he gave her a pint of ice cream and chocolate bar. She chuckled.

"Thank you so much, Lex" she said.

"You're welcome Emma," Alex then saw Karen who was still sitting on Emma's bed, "Did you-?"

Emma nodded.

"Alex do you know all about this?" Karen asked him

"He is the one who always listen when I want to release my vent mom," Emma explained whilst looking at her. Alex chuckled. He nodded.

Karen smiled at him. Then she walked approaching Emma and Alex.

"Emma dear. Eat that and take a rest. Okay?" she pecked her cheek.

Emma nodded. Then Karen averted her gaze to Alex. "Thank you," she patted his shoulder and smiled at him.

Karen walked out of Emma's room and head to Andrew's. Alex and Emma exchanged glances. Worry look at their face. Then looked back where Karen's knocked on Andrew's door and step inside.