Chapter 39: Skyscraper

Start from the beginning

I nodded, “Amazing day. My parents made me breakfast in bed and I sat with Mar and Dave before they went to school. Now I get to see you. Why aren’t you in school?”

“We have a day off because of some power outage problem at the school. I planned on stopping to see you during lunch, but when I found out about the day off this morning I wanted to come right away.”

“Good choice,” I smiled.

He grabbed my face with both his hands and kissed me. I could smell the cologne he put on before he left the house. His soft lips moved with mine for a few more seconds before he pulled away.

“Best birthday ever!”

He laughed, “So what do you want to do birthday girl?”

“I want to watch TV before you come with me to my performance.”

“Performance? Performance for what?”

“I’m performing with Rosily today. She says it’ll be the last time I have to perform with her unless I want to be a special guest at a stop or two on her tour. So after today I am going back to designing more. I’ve already talked to Aunt Maria. They just finished next season’s line. My newest designs will be done just in time to send to her to get started on.”

He smiled, “You have everything planned out.”

“I do. My room now? I would suggest the theater upstairs but I’ll have to go to my room to get ready in about a half hour anyway.”

“Sure,” he nodded, “You can pick what we watch.”

            We watched TV for a half hour before I changed into my performing outfit and met Rosily at her concert. Max went with Aunt Demi where they could watch our performance backstage together.

“You ready?” Rosily asked me.

“Yeah,” I nodded, “I’m ready.”

She smiled, “Then let’s show them what this family can do.”

“You’ve got it.”

            We were introduced on stage and the music started. We ran onto stage as choreographed and started singing. I have to say I am going to miss performing on a stage like this. It’s a surreal feeling having hundreds of people screaming your name or yelling the lyrics of the song. We stayed on stage after we finished the song to speak with the host.

“Thank you so much Rosily and Demetria for joining us today! I do have to speak with Demetria before we leave. Happy birthday!”

“Thank you,” I chuckled.

“How does it feel to be 18?”

I smiled, “Today has been a pretty amazing day that’s for sure. It’s great.”

“Your name shows up everywhere now. Not only are you present on Rosily’s album you also have your own clothing line with your mother’s best friend and you’ve been writing and singing to help your best friend’s career. Is that true?”

I nodded, “It’s definitely true, yes. After Rosily told me about her album I just couldn’t say no. She had such an amazing meaning behind her album and the songs were incredible so I wanted to help. My best friend Anna also loves music and we’ve been writing songs together since we first met so I couldn’t say no to helping her either. The clothing line was my own personal passion. It’s something I want to be doing seriously as a career so I am grateful for the opportunity Maria has given me.”

“From what I hear the clothing line is a great success. They can’t wait for next season’s line.”

“I can’t either,” I laughed.