It was the summer break.

Liana had managed to stay out of their suspicions the whole time, and Arlo's birthday was coming around.

In the meantime, she texted Arlo and kept up everyone in the group chat until two in the morning if they were planning for something else.

Blond boi regular
Are you throwing rocks at my window?

Tiny Blue Coffee
Yup

Blond boi regular
You have a phone for a reason

DID YOU JUST THROW YOUR PHONE

Tiny Blue Coffee
The NOIKA

WHAT DU U EXPECT

WANT THIS ONE TOO!?

Blond boi regular
I swear, if you throw that phone, I will tell Isen and throw a mug at you

Tiny Blue Coffee
Touch that friendship mug I made you and I'll return the sparklers from my birthday

Blond boi regular
I threw them in the trash after you burned yourself, you can't return those, mini

She had to find a way to give Arlo a card instead of what happened last time, where he almost punched her because she wanted to surprise him.

Arlo's phone buzzed.

Checking it, it was a message saying "Happy birthday boi". Another one came. "Look in your closet".

His brows furrowed. Moving to check his closer, he found her hiding in there.

Startled, he grabbed her collar and, pulling her out, activated his ability.

"No no wait-!"

"What are you doing!?" Arlo shouted at her, a fist raised.

Squinting, she held up a tiny card. He recognized it as a gift card.

"Ten bucks for you to go crazy in a Dollar Sapling!" she hollered nervously. "Happy birthday?"

So this time she knocked on his glass door, on his balcony.

He was on the couch, and looked behind him. Seeing who it was, he only let out a breath and opened the glass door.

She held up ten bucks to the guy who had definitely been growing taller. Late growth spurt, maybe? It's like he grew a foot taller. She still hasn't changed in height.... her hair has grown longer though.

Smiling nervously, "Dollar Sapling?"

He was nice enough to buy her a bike helmet, even though she didn't want it.

"Hold this." He basically smothered the top of her head with the helmet.

"Ah-!"

It was a few days before school began.

Her babysitting business had been going very slowly. But she finally got a call, nearby Arlo's place. Just a few streets away, she would babysit a toddler named Zayd, and his older sister Gwen, until the parents got back.