21

"You took the lights out!" Dolly smiled meeting Brandon, Richy, Dill and I at our door.

"They said it was just a light malfunction Dolly." Richy says.

"Who cares" Dolly retorts.

"How proud are you?" I ask giving her a big hug.

"Very proud, both of you did amazing." She says to Brandon and I. Richy unlocks the door and we all leave the hall and step into our home for one more night. Supper was already made and everyone started to sit down.

"I'm going to change quickly then I'll join you." I say. I wait till Richy excused me then I ran up to my room and grabbed the silk pajamas I was given. I walked back into the kitchen and sat down beside Brandon and Dolly. On the table there was a big huge turkey. My eye caught the blonde avox who is thought to be Adrienne cutting the turkey, I looked away before she saw me looking.

"Hey, you did amazing in the interview." Brandon says.

"Thanks! So did you." I smile.

"Yeah but you made the lights go out. The rest of the tributes had to wait half an hour to do they're interviews." He laughs.

"I know." I reply.

Adrienne started placing turkey on our plates. when she got to mine she gave me a bit more than everyone else. I smiled at her. Once that was done she left and returned with potatoes, vegetables, stuffing and dessert. She placed it on the table and scurried off. Everyone passed everything around. The food was amazing.

Once everyone was finished it was late and we all split off into our own conversations or to bed. In my case, bed. I needed sleep if I was going into the games first thing tomorrow morning. I walked up to my door and opened it.

"Phoebe." Brandon called from the bottom of the stairs. I shut my door and returned to the bottom of the stairs.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Should we make a plan for tomorrow?" He asks.

"Right yeah." I say. He grabs my hand and takes me up to his room. He sat me on his bed and sat next to me.

"What's the plan?" He asks.

"Okay, I say we go for the blood bath, were both pretty fast so why not?" I say.

"I'm not." He says, "its a huge ass death trap."

"Then I will, we'll hide somewhere near the cornucopia then once everyone's gone we can head out for ourselves." I say.

"Okay." Brandon agrees.

"I'm going to bed now, you should too." I say standing up.

"Good luck." Brandon says.

"Good luck." I reply as I leave the room. I headed back to my room, I collapsed on my bed and just passed out.

I woke up to hear noises in my room, I quickly rose from my bed and turned on the lamp. Adrienne was there.

"Adrienne?" I ask.

She shrugs but smiles.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. She sits next to me on my bed and writes on a piece of paper and hands it to me.

Phoebe I am so so so so sorry and hey, I guess I'm paying for that now. I regret ever leaving the district I just thought I'd be safe but after I didn't want to obey the traditions of the capitol they turned me avox and wanted my dad to do it, he denied and president snow made sure he died. I was then sent to work for years now I always prayed that I could see you again and apologize for what I did but not like this. I just want to say I'm sorry for everything and I love you.. The note read.

"Adrienne" I gasp hugging her tightly, "I love you too."

She hugs back and when we let go shes crying a bit.

"Its not your fault." I tell her, "you didn't know."

She grabs another piece of paper and starts to write on it.

I left the district, I also didn't follow they're traditions when I should've, I got my father killed and I'm an avox. This is completely and utterly my fault i did this to myself.

"I will get you out of here, I will win this Hunger Games." I say determined, I have so many people to win for and I am going to win for them.

She hugged me once more and kissed my head. She then left the room leaving me alone. I lay on my bed on the verge of tears, I thought about home and how much I missed my family, how tomorrow I could possibly die and everything I stood for would die with me, my face could show up in the sky and my limp body would be picked up by a hover craft then sent back to my devestated family who had lost 2 family members due to these games. I rose from my bed and left my room, I tried to find Adrienne at the start but gave up after a bit. I headed for the balcony, I opened the door and the cold air gave chills to my skin. The dark sky was brightly lit by the stars and the citizens if the capitol were having a big party below us.

"They're so loud." A voice behind me says. I throw my body around to see Brandon standing there.

"Yeah." I say.

"Couldn't sleep?" He asks.

"Not tonight." I reply sitting up on the ledge of the balcony.

"Be careful you could fall." He warns.

"So?" I ask. "Hey do you think anyone has ever tries to commit suicide by jumping off this?"

"I need you and I don't know." He replies.

"Let's try." I say leaning back.

"Phoebe no!" Brandon yells. I stare at him.

"I wasn't going to." I say.

"Seemed like it."

"Well I wasn't."

We started staring at each other until he blinked.

"Hah you blinked." I laugh.

"You seem all cheery and not mopey." He replies.

"Whoops?" I say.

He jumps up onto the ledge beside me.

"Listen to them, celebrating our death." He says looking down.

"Wait till the victors are announced." I say.

"If were alive by then." He frowns.

"We will be." I say reassuringly.

"You maybe."

"Brandon, let me get this straight so you understand. We are a team, if you fall so do I." I say.

"A team." He says.

"A team." I reply.