Chapter 7

I never thought I'd get to see the stars again leaving my hand onto the edge of the truck stopping myself from bumping each time we stop.

She's still looking at me. Knowing what I did to Daddy. I just lent him my love. I know he feels the same way that I do so I gave him what I think I wanted to feel. I did it.

She stopped talking and drinking her booze for a while not minding the other two who kept on dancing on their own accord. She had put her head down and her body started to dance to the rhythm of the truck as we continue to swerve left and right. The last swerve made her lay down on her feet and the other girl started to cease from standing onto the truck.

The other girl looked drowsy with her eye falling onto their own accord. The guy touched her laid her down onto the truck properly as if he knew that it will happen to her.

"Rufo, It's done." As he opened the little window that separates us from him. He handed out his phone as well while I was there—staring at them.

"Shall I drug the little girl as well?" He shouted at a frizzy manner, seeing that he's drunk as well.

"No, she's an asset. She's worth a lot." I heard him say as he parks the truck onto the empty parking lot. I have got no strength to lend my legs, arms and heart to be able to run. I'm tired of their love.

Rufo stepped out of his card immediately and carried me like a sack of rice, while compassing his hand onto the other guy to take care of the two other girls. We proceeded to an empty warehouse—or so I thought.

"Rufo!", "Rufo, my man!", "Rufo! He's waiting for you at the VIP room." Everyone called him as soon as he entered the room, it seemed that everyone knew him and is fascinated of him. He proceeds to walk not minding everyone else as if he was late for something. I still hung my hands onto his back moving from left to right like a pendulum, uncontrolled and weak.

"Mauckintosh's dead. Guess who I'm with." He thrown me down like I was a thing for him. The had pushed me till I was in the middle of the room. Looking at everyone else as they stopped caressing their bodies onto each other.

What kind of place is this?

"We know that, Rufo. What we don't know is how are we going to take back our millions from that dead meat." Pushing the barely naked girl on his lap, he stood aggressively pointing at Rufo's direction. I stayed still as I watch them argue.

"We'll use this kid to milk millions out of them." He pushed me in front of him making me kneel down in the middle of them.

The red neon lights reflected in our eyes with the unusual music. All of the girls in front of me startled and all the other guys looked at our direction.

"Millions of what? Out of that kid? We have no time to kid around now, Rufo, or is that---?" He was about to turn his back to us, but I guess his thoughts ceased him from doing so."

"Is she?" His eyes started to show more portion of his whites as he pointed at me with pure hesitation on his end.

"Of course. I luckily found her, it a smooth sail and pure luck" He held me at my shoulder stressing my bones to stand up. I couldn't stop my eyes from closing because of the pain he gave me.

"We can offer them all the pressure if we scare them that this kid would satisfy the press by releasing the real reason why Mauckintosh died. We can then ask for the information regarding his infamous Alternate Universe and sell it for millions." They had walked closer to the table as Rufo continuously dragged me with him.

"How much? Is this all you've got?" As soon as we had arrived at the last table on the corner of the room he told the girls to move away and he asked his question while Rufo drank the blur colored drink.

I want it, I'm thirsty.

"2 million dollars with the two other girls at the back and I'm out." I kept on staring at the sea-like drink on the table. I want it. I can see in my peripheral vision that the big man started to signal his subordinates to get his things.

I tried reaching out bits by bits because my arms still refused to bear with me.

This will all be over soon.

"No kiddo, stay still, be good" He grabbed the drink out of my vision which made me furious. I want it. It had pulled my nerves from my jaw to my hands making it move on its own.

The last time I remember was the glass flying its way onto the air leaving all the sea-like drink that I wanted all over the red surface of this place. \

"W-what wa-as t-that?" I looked deeply onto his eyes as I still feel every nerves of mine beat out of anger.

"What do you expect from police cover up, they did not mention this. Do you want my drink, Sky?" I turned to his side seeing his arms reaching out to me with his sea-like drink.

"I can't say you'd want it but here you go, Sky." He took my hands and put it on his glass which made me calm down for a while. I did not know what happened. It just happened.

His smile looked unfamiliar. It wasn't like Daddy's nor Mister's. It was just fine.

Just fine.

"Okay, I take it back. No millions. The other girls' yours. Your boy, Rex will deliver them here in a moment." He took my hand as soon as he saw my disgusted face because of the bitterness of his drink. We hurriedly walked out of the room not giving a chance of the big man's subordinates to stop run from running.

I'm starting to like this feeling, what's this again?