Chapter 5

"Rain! Where's my husband!? Where's Rain!!!?" I jumped out of the horse finding myself desperately seeking for my beloved Rain. With the light made sandals I had tasted the crisp of the rocks proceeding to their tent.

"Rain!!" I opened the tent, stopping my tears from flowing its way out of my eyes.

There's Rain.

I ran towards him not minding whoever was there. His manly stance and muscle-full of chest and his neck who's exactly made for my head to rest onto and his blonde usually messy hair, I finally saw him. The droplets started to fall on us as I held Rain wherever my hand could land.

Why does he look so fine?

"I ordered you to come here Leila because Rain wanted to." As Sergeant's stance took dominance along his solder-cut hair, eyes round as an almond to his brown eyes and his height slightly shorter than Rain's. I stopped for a while. I stopped longing for Rain for a while. We didn't want to take his verdict because our future baby could be in danger and liable for whatever happens if this experiment of theirs fail.

"Rain, what's this?" I looked at him like there was no love left for us to build. I took a step away from him as I know I have the ace.

"I will be handling you two documents that is to be signed and decided by the both of you. Whatever may you pick between will have consequences either way." I turned to the Sergeant's side. Confused. When I took a peek at the papers there was a lawyer who was ready to explain things as soon as I read the papers.

Filing Report: Divorce

"Shut up." The man in suit started to inhale his own breath as a sign that he's ready to talk and describe what will happen to us but I had cut him off before anything occurs.

"What's this Rain? Talk to me!" I turned back to him. I crumpled the paper and threw it from him. I saw the evidences of impotency including the pictures of our messed home. It was them. It was him who destroyed our home for his petty evidences.

"Do you know what I went through to get away from them?! Do you know how I risked our baby for our agreement that we would just run away!?" My mind started to feel unclear, my arms started to take its own life as it lands on his hard rock body. My palm kept on landing on his chest as he tries to stop me by holding me near my elbow.

"What baby?! You didn't bear a baby Leila! We tried Leila! Please do understand me. I wanted a child! You know that! I wanted it for so long!" All the soldiers started to leave the tent for us to talk including the sergeant but he fixed the paper and put down another copy to emphasize that we had to talk which paper would we take.

"I risked it earlier Rain. I almost risked our baby for you. I thought--- *sobs* I thought you're a goner" I'm afraid my tears truly went out of my eyes this time, letting my knees disrespect me by bending it down the unfurnished surface. My throat keeps on slicing through even if the tears already found its way out.

"Call a midwife. If you needed proof call a midwife" As I continue to try not to cry. He sat down as well in front of me holding his own face and hair grasping it tight. He didn't even bothered to ask me what happened. I guess he knew it after all.

"You're cruel Rain." I covered my eyes with my scar-full palm thinking it would cease the tears from falling but it didn't. He leaned onto me with his arms wide open.

"Why only now? Why are you saying this only now? I'm sorry Leila, take the divorce papers. We can't participate in this experiment." I looked at him as he slowly let me go of his precious touch. I looked at him with my eyes questioning his statement. I couldn't talk out of the pain that my throat's giving me, I could only exert tears for it continuously does its thing.

"I don't love you anymore Leila." He held me onto my shoulder and looked into my eyes. He didn't mean it. With his slow pace of talking and his deep voice and heaven-like blue eyes he did not mean it.

"We couldn't participate nor run away because I don't love you anymore Leila. I don't want for to be scared for our lives forever. I will face the consequences of retiring earlier than the expected time frame but I will be facing it alone, or with another but not you." No. No. No. No. No. No. I covered my mouth straight to my chest, it aches. It hurts.

"Please, Leila. If you love me, you'll let me go." He held me on my cheeks and looked into my eyes deeper. How could I never dive into those eyes?

"No, Rain. No. No. No. No." No. No. No. No. This isn't Rain. I started making disagreeing gestures with my head over and over and over again, this is not Rain. I stood up by holding the table as a support and immediately signed the Alternate Universe Experiment paper with the ink that's beside it.

"Sign it Rain. Sign it now" I pointed the knife that's hidden under my skirt into my belly.

"Sign it or we're gone." I moved it closer to me as I started to take steps backwards after I settle the paper on the table.

"Sign it, Rain!!!" Closer, the knife gotten even closer. I took one more step backward as he started moving towards me with his palm open reaching out to me

"Stop it, Leila. I know you'll be like this that's why I was afraid to tell you all this years" He followed me along my steps but this time I know I'm better, he'll sign it.

"P-Please L-Leila, I ha-ave something to tell you-u" The blood started to drop as I had successfully scarred myself without actually hurting my baby.

I love you, Rain.

"Sign it now or--" He started picking up the ink and signing the papers, he showed it to me as a sign of him agreeing to the papers.

"Sergeant we had decided!" I shouted for them to come in, I hastily put back the knife to where I was hiding it before while Rain shockingly startled when I called them in thinking that they'd find out what happened.

"Leila! What happened—" Oh, the blood. I forgot. I covered it with my bare hands as Rain held Sergeant.

"I-I'll explain, Sir!" but before he could talk, I took a step towards them leaning onto the table and reaching out the paper.

"Nothing Sergeant, we had decided. We fixed things and we're participating in your experiment." You're not leaving me Rain. I know you love me. This experiment will prove that you love me. A smile formed into our cheeks as we finally agreed for the same thing after all these months. The man in suit started walking towards the exit—aware that we don't need him anymore. He expressed his disappointments in gestures using his head while looking at Rain.

I took Rain's face and kissed him as a resemblance of what he should never regret and forget. To take his eyes away from the man in suit as well.

"I love you, Rain." I looked at him deeply while I was holding his face. His face was full of – an expression of his that I had never known before.

You love me.