Chapter 17 : Closeness

Start from the beginning

Bulbul scolds him in concern.

“Don't bother Bulbul! There's no use!” Viren utters making her turn her gaze at him.

“I just checked the text sent to Mr. Suraj. Its from a private number again. Surely Mr. Jay too got the threatening from same number only. So no need to check his(Jay's) phone.” he tells a bit hesitatingly.

Bulbul closes her eyes in disappointment & then utters, “Am sorry Mr. Jay! I shouldn't have shouted on you. Its just, am so frustrated of this criminal.” she tells.

Jay smiles lightly shaking his head.

“No issues Miss Bulbul! Your anger is justified

“No issues Miss Bulbul! Your anger is justified. After all you're just doing your job.” he softly utters refering her "Miss" instead of "Officer Bulbul" for the first time ever while she smiles lightly, as for her, he understands her well.

Bulbul sighs & then something clicks her.

"Viren!! We didn't get much information about the last private number the criminal used. First, it was issued on a fake ID. Also, he destroyed the sim card recently. He must have guessed that we are trying to track him. This must be his new private number and i don't think mobile phone operators could prove themselves of much help this time too." she utters while Viren nods agreeing seriously at which she continues.

"But, there's one way to track him down. What if we trace his location, at the time, when he sent this last text." she suggests.

Viren nods seriously thinking, “You're right Bulbul. Even if we already know that, this new private number of his must also be issued with a fake ID again & he must has bounced his location as well to save himself from being tracked, but still we may pin his possible location when he sent this last text." he says smiling confidently & looks at her.

“Partner! you’re brilliant! I'll just go and check if our theory could work

“Partner! you’re brilliant! I'll just go and check if our theory could work." saying so, he takes out his phone to make further inquiry of the number.

As he leaves, Suraj utters.

“Officer! Is it possible!? I mean as much i know, private numbers are difficult to trace.” he asks seriously.