Chapter 8 : "She"

RECAP: Bulbul has a nightmare and her mumbling worries Viren. After she agrees to rest till morning, she again tries to rest while she is worried for someone. Here, Both men come out of the room to let her rest for a while and savour some coffee as both are not sleepy.

                    Now further....

"Officer!!" Jay's loud voice broke Viren's trance.

"Are you fine!! You seem to be lost in your thoughts

"Are you fine!! You seem to be lost in your thoughts. Amm.. i don't know if you would want to, but if its okay! you can share it with me." Jay offers with an awkward smile.

Viren turns to him maybe to answer him rudely or maybe not.

He looks at Jay making him gulp down his throat

He looks at Jay making him gulp down his throat. But to Jay's utter surprize, Viren again turns his gaze to other side.

"Am just thinking. Today's day was too long, happened so much since morning. It could have been gone even worse." Viren utters with worry and sadness easily audible in his voice.

"Officer!! You did saved the day." Jay says calmly, comforting Viren.

Viren scoffs, "I don't know. I was so worried. If it wasn't for you to help us on time calling that doctor, i don't know what would i had done. So thanks alot." Viren thanks him with light smile.

"Oh no no no officer!! Being a human it was my job, it was what anyone was supposed to do in that situation, if it wasn't for me." Jay replies genuinely.

Viren just gives him a light smile and sighs. There is a complete silence between the two for atleast 2 minutes when Jay decides to break it, as he examines Viren's tensed face.

"Err...officer!! I know you're worried for your friend, but hey!! Doctor said she'll be fine, once she get some rest." Jay says comforting him.

"Thanks!" Viren nods positively giving back a tight lipped smile.

"I don't know if i should be asking this! but was she always like this.!? I mean don't take me wrong but she really seems obsessed with solving the case, always straight! and you know strict!! I mean i haven't seen even a light smile on her face!! Or is it because of the inquiry going on her! if may i ask!!" Jay asks showing interest.