ѕevenтeen

The last couple of days were catastrophic. We went right into the wolf's mouth. The whole operation was a trap, a trap by our allies. But it wasn't at all used in our favor. We lost people who meant the world to us; she lost her sister.

As I walk through the hallways, I think about everything she's gonne trough. How pain was the only thing she has gained from all this. My feet stop in front of her room. I knock on the door faintly, trying to put my thoughts in order, trying to figure out what I was gonna tell her. Merely a few seconds after, the door opens, revealing Katniss, a pained expression on her face as she saw me. I tried to hold back the tears that threatened to spill; we both lost a sister. Before any one of us could say anything, I envelop her in a strong, comforting hug.

"Prim, she's-"Katniss tried to say in between sobs, her tears wetting the fabric of my shirt.

"I know." I whisper before she could say the word. We stayed in that position, for what felt like hours. Eventually, she invited me in and closed the door behind us, picking herself up little by little.

"There's something I need to tell you." Katniss told me, earning a confused look from me.

"Anything." I told her, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"They let me speak to Snow in his rose garden... The bombs weren't the Capitol's creation." I looked down, guilt washing all over me. She quickly noticed my reaction. "You knew?" her voice cracked, betrayal all over her features.

"We found out the next day. Gale told me, he-"

"He's the reason my sister is dead." Katniss raised her voice, angry and sad at the same time.

"No, Katniss. He may had designed these bomb with Beetee, but you know the order came from Coin." I tried to reason with her. "You know he'd never let her do it if he knew."

"The bombs were his, Prim is dead because of him." she said getting up and shouting even more than before. "How do you explain he hasn't come to see me yet? He knows it's his fault."

"Katniss!" I shouted back, earning her silence. I got up and approached her, looking up to see her face. "Gale had nothing to do with this. It was out of his control. If you really want to blame someone, blame Coin." I tell her sternly. She scoffs.

"Of course you would side with him. That's what you always did. Running after him like a lost puppy. Even when you meant nothing to him, you were still there, pathetically clinging onto him. But in the end, you have both betrayed me. I trusted you with my life, Heather, and you betrayed me!" She said, spitting venom. Deep down, I knew it was her grief talking. There was a long moment of silence. I stated walking towards the door and was about to open it, not wanting to say something I would regret later. "Come on, say something! Admit it!" She yelled once again, losing her temper.

"What I did, what I have bee through, all of it was to make sure you thrived. To make sure you would end Snow's madness. You're my family. I could never betray you, I'd die before I did. If you don't know that, then I guess all the things I did were in vain." I told her, turning around to look at her in eyes. Her expression has softened. "You'll always be my sister." Silence ruled once again, but was soon interrupted.

"Goodbye, Heather." Katniss replied, one tear spilling down her face.

"I hope you finally find peace." I told her, looking at her one last time and leaving the room.

Katniss was not the girl she was when all this begun. She had become stronger, yet colder, decisive, yet absolute. I hope that after all this is over, she'll find happiness, she'll be able to rebuild her life. That I'll see her again. I know she loves me and she knows I love her too. I know she doesn't blame me for what happened. No, not really. For that, Katniss would always blame Gale.