Hetalia

"So...good news or bad news?"

Alfred's cheek bulged with buttery homemade pancake and maple syrup. "Goowd."

"You might want to slow down on that eating speed... Alright, why do I even bother?" He whispered to himself, rolling his eyes as the American ate with even more enthusiasm. Well, there was one time Alfred ate an entire burger king in just two or three bites while he was shopping for their groceries so Matthew isn't that surprised. "Ok. So the good news is no one protested about you being around them now (not really but we fixed that, he mused) but they might still be suspiscious of you, though I think you can handle yourself just fine."

'The connection can probably handle the rocky relationships for now.' Matthew thought to himself.

"Also, we have a few outings for a few days. If you want to come with us, you can. Your job alias is America and your name is Alfred. We're twin brothers and I'm the oldest-"

"Hold up! Why are you the oldest?" Alfred narrowed his eyes at the ever smiling Canadian.

"Because I said so-"

"What!? But that's totally unfai-"

"No, I'm superior in this house, Al. Because it's mine so my rules, eh."

Alfred's mouth hang agape at the still amused Matthew. "Now. Just to give some heads up, it might be awkward."

Alfred shook himself from their previous topic and smiled confidently. "Like you said dude, I can handle myself just fine! I'm the Hero after all!" He winked dismissively.

"Whatever you say, Al." He fondly shakes his head. Alfred is always surprisingly nonchalant of his situation for as far as he knew. "Anyways, on to the bad news..."

Alfred snorted at the dramatic pause. Geez, and they say he's the dramatic one.

....Ok. Maybe he is.

Looking like he read his mind, Matthew grinned, "The bad news is you really have to look out for yourself because you are going to be the elephant of the room."

Alfred slowly swallowed the mouthful of pancake, "Figured that much at least."

Matthew nodded, "Thought so."

After a few more mouthful of pancakes, Alfred licked the maple syrup off his lips and went to wash his dishes.

He badly wants to talk with the others like he used to back in his world. Even if they aren't the ones he grew to talk with, they're still the nations with the same overall.

Ah, now that he thought of the outings, he really wished it involves food. Alfred unconsciously drools at the thought of them.

Matthew snorts on the table.

Yeah he definitely can handle himself.

ꕥ-✿-ꕥ

Silence.

Then, a small giggle from one of the small crowd almost made him want to die out of embarrassment.

"I told you not to laugh at me," Alfred pouts, more out of exasperation than being cute or, God forbid, whiny. "Why don't one of you go? And, you know, get to dress normally?" He huffed at some of the females in the room.

"This is how you dress normally in here, Alfred-san."

"B-But..." Alfred sighed. When it comes to this kind of things, Kiku won't let him go until he is satisfied. "Do I really have to wear this, dude?"