PREFACE

"Time stopped in a heartbeat...life held its breath."

I sit here writing these black words on a stark white page, which seems so permanent and definite. As though it is a part of life never to be erased. I enjoy reading but what makes a book worth reading for me are the first few lines. If that fails to capture my interest, then chances are that the book is not worth my time.

I am no philosopher, far from it; I'm just an average person trying to unravel the complexities of life as they unfold before my very eyes. I must warn you that the look of this book is somewhat narcissistic, but I have tried to keep that in check. I can't claim to have done extensive research on the subject since I'm still trying to figure out what exactly it is. Well, now that's an honest confession coming your way.

Life seems so mundane, so set, a ritual to be followed and then suddenly I feel like an outsider whose sole purpose is to observe, to see human behavior. Sometimes I laugh at the silliness of it all, and then a higher command checks me and throws something my way that totally baffles me and gives me some food for thought that makes me question life once again.

This is not a book with an aim; it's going nowhere; it's here and now. A few thoughts, speculations, questions and bewilderment, that's all I have to offer to you.

"The truth is like a double-edged sword.
You're damned if you speak it, And you face damnation if you don't."

Feel free to follow me on Instagram @ilovelollapalooza