Chapter 9

Anima's Point of View

I sat in my bed and thought about last night's events. I met a wolf. It was amazing seeing one up close and in person. They were beautiful.

When I turned to look at him, he must have thought I would be scared. I smiled as I recalled the wolf's face when I asked him to sit with me.

He looked lonely and that made my heart hurt a little. As soon as he came and sat next to me, I smiled in contentment. We watched the city lights for a few hours. I honestly could have stayed there all night. Mother's creations were indeed beautiful and I felt lucky I could experience everything in person.

Nothing could compare to this sight, it was something I would treasure forever. I could tell the wolf had wanted to go back after some time. He slowly stood on all fours and when I made no movement, he stopped to look at me.

I knew he wanted me to follow and so I did. We made our way back to the dorms and just as we were about to part I turned towards him.

"My name is Anima, it was very nice to meet you."

I giggled as I remembered the action. I could tell I had surprised him for the second time that night. He simply stared back and I gave him a soft smile.

He looked empty, he looked lost. Although his eyes seemed emotionless, I could tell his mind had been reeling with thoughts.

After I left him and made my way up to my room, I sat pondering our encounter.

I didn't get a wink of sleep last night, which was fine since Elites didn't really need any. Once sunrise came, I got ready for the day and looked through my schedule.

There had to be more than just my family just sending me here to attend classes in the middle of the woods.

I looked up at my clock and saw it was time for breakfast so I made my way over. I had made quite a few friends in my short time here and I joined them once I was in the cafeteria.

I wanted to see that wolf again. I knew he was a werewolf for he was far too large to be a normal wolf. I wondered what his human form looked like and if I would be able to recognize him should I see him.

When my family sent me here, there were only a few that knew who I was and knew my true identity. There was an elder here and I had met him briefly the day I arrived. He stopped by that evening to introduce himself and we chatted for a while. 

He was a kind man and I had a feeling he would be able to connect me with the wolf I met last night. I decided to pay him a visit. 

I walked towards his office and gently knocked before I entered. He looked up as if he was expecting me. I gave a small smile and took a seat on one of his chairs. 

After a few moments of me explaining the situation, he smiled and seemed to know exactly who I was talking about. How odd.