C H A P T E R O N E

En başından başla

"We was tryna see what time you was pulling up tomorrow so we can make ourselves available for you." David chuckled. "Cause you definitely gon' need our help."

"Oh, I appreciate that bro. I should be there around two, I'll text y'all when I'm close." Terrance said, picking up his cellphone. "I'm taking my phone off do not disturb right now so I'll get y'all messages."

"Aight, cool." David said. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah," Terrance ended the call, walking back towards the deck when Sanaa walked out. "Wassup."

"I'm finna go somewhere, I'll be back in about an hour." Sanaa said, grabbing the phone out his hand. "I'm probably gonna pick something up for dinner, so stay near your phone."

"America's best wings, that's what I want." Terrance smiled, as Sanaa walked away. "Thanks!"

After staying outside for about ten minutes, Terrance grew tired of playing and decided he'd just sit down and play music.

"Terrance, are you back here?" A voice called out, pushing the gate open. "Hey."

Terrance turned his head, taking in her appearance. "Wassup ma."

"Why haven't you been answering my calls?" Diamond questioned, crossing her arms over her chest as she towered over him.

"Don't stand over me like that, and don't come back here tryna check me." Terrance said, not taking his eyes off his phone. "What you here for anyways?"

"You're leaving tomorrow, I won't see you for awhile." Diamond spoke, in a duh tone.

Terrance chuckled, swatting away a mosquito that was attempting to bite him. "Aren't you supposed to be happy? Because if I recall the last time we saw each other you said you couldn't wait for me to leave, because I make you sick."

"Terrance, that was a joke." Diamond shrugged, watching as he continued to look on his phone

"Was you scratching up my car also a damn joke?" Terrance retorted, looking up at her.

Diamond sighed, nodding her head. "Okay, maybe I acted out a bit. But I was mad about everything that happened babe."

"What I tell you about that? We aren't together anymore, you gotta stop wit all that lovey dovey shit." Terrance reminded, standing to his feet.

"And I still don't understand why? Is it because of the long distance? If so, I told you I don't mind taking a —"

Terrance stuffed his phone in his pocket, coming face to face with her. "I'm just not with it anymore. Me and you do not work, plus long distance just isn't my thing."

Diamond rolled her eyes, slightly pulling on the hem of his shirt. "Fine, but can I at least get some one more time before you go and officially cut me off?"

Terrance looked her up and down, before nodding his head with a small smile. "Man, come on before my cousin come back home."

The next day Terrance woke up early, to get to the campus and soon as possible to move in. He was two weeks late because he filled out his transfer request late and ended up on the waiting list for a room.

Once he got to the campus, with the help of Sanaa and his friends he moved into his dorm room. Sanaa had taken him to get groceries and other necessities immediately after.

Sanaa stopped the car, looking over at her baby cousins in admiration. "So, this is really it. You're really leaving me.

Terrance looked over at her and nodded. "Yeah.. thanks for tailing me here . And buying me groceries and stuff, I really appreciate it."