❅ 5 ❅

As the Galar region grew colder, so did Gloria. Hop was desperate — he needed help, and he needed it fast. Should he go to the nearest boutique and give her a new jacket for the weather? How about flowers? A dessert of some sort, perhaps? No. That wouldn't do. It could possibly give her the wrong message.

Hop eventually decided he would just ask for help rather than buying Gloria a gift, which is what he would usually do. However, he was desperate not to dig himself in a deeper hole.

Taking deep breaths, he knocked on the door of a tiny house located in the town of Spikemuth. He wasn't even sure why he was here in the first place, let alone asking somebody else for help. The tan boy shuddered a bit as the door opened, revealing a young female with black hair who went by the name of Marnie. The girl tilted her head, evidence that she was not expecting anybody to be at her doorstep today, especially a boy. "What do ya need?" The girl huffed, her voice laced with impatience. Marnie had only met this guy once, and he already felt that they were close enough to be giving each other spontaneous visits? Absolutely not.

Hop's desperation became visible almost immediately, as it was impossible for him to conceal any of his emotions. "I need your help, Ple-e-e-ease!Gloria's mad at me," The boy pleaded, presenting puppy eyes to Marnie in order to convince her. However, the girl had already decided the second she discovered the innocent boy standing nervously on her doorstep. "Sure, what's da problem?" Marnie murmured before opening her door enough to the point where Hop could walk inside. Nodding his head in thanks, he was prepared to speak as he found a worn, visibly-loved couch to sit on. His confidence came back to him knowing that the girl standing across from him was /somewhat/ willing to lend the boy some advice. Hop cleared his throat, he knew that he tended to speak before he thought of words to say, but now was not the time. "I— I have a crush on Gloria," he muttered before biting his lip, his nerves returning as he continued, "We had a moment and, for the sake of our friendship, I just pretended like it never happened! I don't think she's taking it very well, though," He finally admitted before looking up at Marnie, wanting to know her thoughts.

"Oh, no. Don't tell me ya actually did that?" She replied with a tiny frown on her pale face. "Do ya just wanna be friends with her? I mean, I thought ya hadda crush on her," Marnie reminded him sternly, noticing that Hop's face slowly became red the second that he was called out on his actions. He didn't do well with confrontation, especially the fact that it had to do with Gloria, of all people. "I know, I do have a crush on her. I do!! But what if /she/ doesn't?" The boy chimed in, putting his hand on his cheek so that Marnie wouldn't notice the red tint covering his face, even though she already had.

"If ya like her, make it known! Ya don't want ta lose her, right?" She pointed out, finally finding a spot to sit down, as she felt weird standing up this entire time. Hop's eyes widened, as if it just clicked in his brain. He screwed up with Gloria, and he needed to fix it. He nodded profusely and thanked her, giving her an expected, somewhat awkward hug. Marnie stood up from the chair afterwards, walking him out the door. As he waved goodbye, Hop smiled to himself with a new sense of hope. Perhaps gifts and flowers weren't always the key! Although, he of course told himself that he would still buy her things. With this in mind and the possibility of fixing his relationship with Gloria, he sped off towards Route 7, where they were camping for the weekend.

Gloria turned her head with worry, although she refused to admit it, as she noticed that Hop was nowhere in sight. Where could he possibly be? She asked herself, suddenly feeling regretful for the way she acted towards him. She decided to sleep all day in order to avoid his presence, but once she finally decided to wake up, of course, Hop was gone.

Maybe he was doing some last minute training?

A long, painful ten minutes had passed before she heard running in the distance, the crunching of leaves had disturbed her thoughts and she immediately looked up. It was Hop. He was standing above her, his expression soft and yet so sincere.
"Can we talk?"
"Can we talk?"
The two murmured in unison.

a/n
i'm so sorry for the late upload! i've been busy with school but lately i've taken some time to educate myself on what has been going on in the U.S. right now. just know that i love you so much. i am with you. no matter what.
i really hope you enjoyed this upload, though, and i hope you are doing well despite everything that is going on in our world. but just know that my dms are open to anyone who needs me.
i love you!

please check them out !! i'm sending love to all of you & this chapter is dedicated to you!
RedRoseofVenus
-DEGASPARK
marshmallowsoap
orangeori
UglyFoxyStories
spookyonion
🤍🤍🤍🤍