༄ 3 ༄

After being endorsed and defeating the first three gym leaders with ease, Hop and Gloria's love for each other only grew. They camped out together in the wild area, cooked lots of curry for their pokemon, had meaningful conversations, and learned valuable things about one another. Gloria's favorite flower was a gardenia. Hop's was a sunflower. Their favorite color was blue, their favorite card game was uno, and both of them shared a common love for each other. They didn't say that, though. They knew it for themselves, but didn't know if the other felt the same, because even after that night in Wedgehurst, Hop pretended like nothing had happened, so Gloria unfortunately played along with his act. It was the night before they were endorsed, which was basically a written permission that allowed them to partake in the Gym Challenge, and ever since then, nothing was the same between them. Gloria's thoughts were scattered and all over the place, with one topic intertwining with another. She hasn't thought this much and so hard since trainer school when Hop would send her valentines in her locker. She was too little, unable to understand what that truly meant. Gloria honestly just saw it as being a good best friend, but felt a knot in her stomach when he would give valentines to other girls. Her young, innocent mind never knew why...
..until recently.
— The brunette yawned, turning over to see the tan boy in the bed on the opposite side of the hotel room. They stayed the night in Budew Drop Inn before they set out for Stow-on-Side to face Allister's gym. "Gooood morning, mate!" Hop exclaimed, looking up from his almost-eaten plate of pancakes. Typical, Hop always had so much energy this early in the morning. Gloria could never - she was the complete opposite when it came to that. "G-Good morning," she sighed, her mind unable to move past the night where he kissed her forehead, it was something she would never forget. She was so reluctant about pretending, and did not fail to ask Hop over and over why he refuses to tell her why he's acting this way. It's as if the night never happened! But after several silent treatments, Gloria stopped nagging. It was about time she stopped, anyway. She felt annoying as hell.
"Ohhh nooo, is something wrong with my bestest best friend?" he frowned, knowing that it still hasn't left her mind. She had no idea that he could see right through her, and it was still on his mind too. "I'm doing this to protect you," He thought to himself, "You deserve better."
"N-No," Gloria chuckled nervously, "I'm just not as energetic as you are in the mornings."
"Oh, okay."
And that's how most conversations were for a while. Until they reached Stow-on-side.
They both defeated its mysterious gym leader, Allister, who was sweet yet misunderstood. He battled them nervously but calmly, which was an impressive battle style, and he congratulated them with a stutter in his voice. After an intense battle like that, Hop was lively and full of energy once again. Relief filled Gloria as he spoke and smiled abundantly - but there was still no talk about that night, so she reluctantly went with it once more. Although, Gloria couldn't help but wish Hop had been feeling that way because of her. It was never because of her. "You deserve better." She thought hopelessly, Hop's voice faded out as her thoughts seemed to become louder.
"Gloria? Hey, what's been up with you lately?" He asked suddenly, putting his arm on her shoulder. "Please tell me the truth, Glo-stick." Hop whispered, but chuckled silently at the new nickname for her. Gloria huffed and rolled her eyes, figuring that she can't hide the truth for long. You've just been different lately... but then you got your usual energy back instantly once you won a battle. I just wish I gave you that kind of energy, y'know?"
Hop looked down at her brown, wooly boots, knowing the exact way that she felt and how badly he wanted to do that for her. How badly he wished that she could feel that kind of joy just at the sight of him. "Yeah, I know what you mean, mate," he replied with an adorable smile. "Gloria, you give me that type of energy all the time! Please remember that, if you can. Hey, I'll even help you!" He beamed, quick to reassure her of her worries. Well, part of her worries, at least. Gloria still wondered why Hop was pretending that he didn't love her. It was quite literally as if the feeling were unreal.
"Is this for the best?"
"I don't deserve you anyway,"
"Do I?"
🐺
a/n i've been taking tests all day so sorry for my inactivity 😔 i hope all of you are doing so so well today and making the most out of quarantine! if you need anything, someone to talk to, play a game with, i'm your girl! dms as well as recommendations for this story are always open!
!! people i absolutely love w my whole heart, go drop by and give them some hype (if u want😳) :
oribia_berries
ultimaterival
-DEGASPARK
marshmallowsoap
TastyyCupcakess
empyreals 
and so many more, there are many chapters to come where i will mention more people!