✿ 4 ✿

Hop and Gloria continued on with their journey, and on to the 5th gym leader, Opal. Something about the romantic, fairy-like mist made Hop want to tell Gloria how he felt even more. He just didn't feel good enough for her, which ultimately made her feel like she wasn't good enough for him. 'I am /such/ an idiot!' A voice shouted cruelly inside of his head, but he didn't disagree. He let her down. The girl of his dreams, ever since Trainer School, was acting weirdly for the first time in a long time, and it was all his fault.

He definitely let her down, right?

Gloria looked down at her boots, locking her gaze so that she could avoid his irresistible amber eyes. They were so beautiful, how could you not stare?
She sighed as an attempt to get her shit together. After all, he /is/ her best friend. Did she really want to mess that up if there were to be some kind of nasty breakup between the two? She pushed those thoughts out of her head, she definitely seemed troubled by the majority of it. No /way/ could things possibly work out. As if! She then shook her head as Hop looked into the distance. She had to keep her eyes on the gym challenge - no, she had to return to her positive self - in order to get her mind of things once and for all. At least, temporarily. She sighed once more, which instantly caused the tan, purple-haired boy to spin around. "What's the matter, mate?" He asked with a concerned, caring demeanor. Of course, he could see right through her. Hop always had that ability - and most times, she loved it about him. But not when she was afraid of what Hop would say to her about her hidden feelings.
Gloria put her hand on his shoulder and put her head down painfully. He must've had no idea how much he hurt her by continuing to keep pretending like this. It seemed unfair to her, but she also never imagined that Hop would ever disappoint her like he was doing now. She took a deep breath and looked back up at the young boy. "W-Why are you pretending like that night never happened?" Gloria stammered, knowing that her confrontation abilities weren't the greatest. She put on the best happy face that she possibly could, her best attempt not to worry the boy too much. "I'm not mad," She continued slowly, "I'm just wondering, it was nice."

Hop's tan face became a bit paler at her confession, his eyes darted and he was unable to look at her. The boy became speechless for just a second, finding ways to avoid the situation once more. "I don't know what you're talking about," was the first sentence that flew out of his mouth. Oh, you stupid, stupid boy! How could you say that? Seriously?! flooded into his mind. It was evident that he shouldn't have said that, as Gloria's face was mixed with shock and a hint of anger. The brunette did her best to hide it, but attempts such as those were never in her favor. Hop obviously noticed how she felt, and his face fell with sorrow.
"I'm sorry," The boy confessed, his eyes fixed on his sneakers. He bit the inside of his lip nervously, his emotions circulated.
Gloria blinked, her expression emotionless. Yes, she was angry before, but she knows why he was. He doesn't want to ruin it. She didn't either. It was just the struggle of wanting to keep their perfect, adorable friendship, while also having the desire to have something more.
Is that something they could figure out together?

⠀⠀┊ ┊ ┊
⠀⠀┊ ┊ ┊
⠀⠀┊ ┊ ✫
⠀⠀┊ ⊹ ⋆
⠀⠀┊. ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
⠀⠀✧ ⠀ ⠀

a/n hello hello ! apologies for my lack of updates, online school has been kicking my butt, but trust me! updates will become more frequent.

some users you should check out ! they're awesome.
my simp marshmallowsoap luv u forever
PiersDarkTypeExpert <3
Legendary_Etta_7
RedRoseofVenus
orangeori
spookyonion
TastyyCupcakess