1

Flashback: Friday, January 8th, 2008- 2 weeks before Tony Stark was in captivity

Third Person's POV

Grace and her mother, Rose were on their way to dinner when a car ran a red light and slammed into the driver's side.

Rose was dead before the paramedics arrived and Grace had severe crush injuries.

The paramedics arrived and loaded her into the ambulance and drove her to the hospital.

"Eight year old girl with crush injuries. She's already lost a lot of blood" A nurse said and as the doctors and EMT's rushed her into a trauma room. After doing the necessary tests, they found nothing severely wrong with her. All she would need are some stitches and some rest.

"Does she have parents with her?" The Pediatric Doctor asked.

"Her mother died in the crash and we don't know about her father yet" the nurse answered.

"Do we know her name, yet?" The nurse shook her head.

"She's awake. We could see if she knows how to connect him" the doctor nodded and the two walked into Grace's room. She looked at them

"Where am I?"

"You are in Malibu Hospital. You and your mother were in an accident" the nurse told her.

"Is my mom dead?" The too smart for her age, Eight year old asked.

"I'm sorry, sweetie but yes." She nodded her head and looked at her hands.

"I know this is a really hard time but we need to ask you a few Questions" the nurse walked over to her bed and the doctor followed.

"O-o-okay" the doctor and the nurse could tell she wanted to cry. I mean who wouldn't want to cry after they found out their mother was dead.

"First, what's your name?" The doctor asked.

"Grace Maria Johnson"

"Okay Grace, do you know how we can contact your father?"

"no"

"Can you tell us his name?"

"I don't know who he is" The nurse and the doctor looked at each other.

"We could do a Paternity test," The nurse whispered to the doctor. "It's either we find her father or she will be put into the system." The doctor nodded.

"Okay Grace, we are going to need to do another little test okay?" The doctor told the sad, eight year old.

"okay" The nurse took what she needed and the two left the room.

Once the tests were done, the nurse and the doctor looked at each other.

"Tony Stark"

Pepper Pott's POV

The phone started to ring and i picked it up

"Stark Residence. This is Pepper Potts speaking, how may I help you?"

"Hello Ms. Potts. This is Doctor James Brown from Malibu Hospital. I was wondering if i could speak with Mr. Stark"

"May I ask why?"

"We have an eight year old girl here that we believe is his daughter. She was in a car accident"

"Mr. Stark doesn't have a daughter"

"We believe he does. We did a paternity test"

"Mr. Stark and I will head over to the Hospital." I hung up the phone and almost laughed. Of course Tony would be so irresponsible that he would have a daughter. I walked down to Tony's lab and entered the code before walking in.