Chapter Four

Hanji gave everyone the entire class time to work on their creative writing. Everyone was there except Annie. Mikasa tapped her foot anxiously waiting for the girl to show up. She couldn't just start writing with out her, they still needed a few more characters.
Mikasa glanced around the room, beyond was working on their story except her. She knew she'd had to do this project by herself.
Hanji got up and walked out of the room, closing the door behind her. Everyone started talking louder when she was gone. "I knew she wasn't going to help me with this! I though after last night she might have some interest in this but I was wrong." Mikasa ranted to Eren. Eren knew better than to say "maybe she's sick". This is just what Annie does, she gets everyone she's partnered up with for projects to do it for her.
Sasha turned around in her seat to face Mikasa, "She hasn't Ben here all day." She explained. "Sasha, what about this?!" Connie pointed to something he had written. She spun back around to read it.
Mikasa sighed and began to type. Annie might have been good with coming up with stories but Mikasa was the better writer.
-------
Later that day when school had ended and the trio was walking home together and they were nearing Armin's apartment building, Eren announced, "Im going to stay at Armin's until the project is done, so you'll be home by yourself. You okay with that?" Mikasa nodded in response. Eren smiled, "Thanks!" He said running off with Armin to the building.
Mikasa sighed. It wasn't because Eren had left, it was because she knew Annie wasn't going to come over tonight and hell her with the project. She' have to write it herself.
------
Meanwhile, Annie ran as fast as she possible could to Mikasa's house. She didn't are how badly her legs hurt, she needed to get there. She needed to get away from her dad.
She saw Mikasa standing on the porch of her house opening the door. Annie ran faster to catch up with her. Luckily she had made it before Mikasa closed the door.
Annie put her foot in between the door frame and the door to stop it from closing. Mikasa looked up surprised to see Annie there.
The blonde girl was panting trying to catch her breath. Mikasa slowly opened the door wider to let her inside. The blonde girl walked inside. She thought she should ask if she needed a glass of water or something but she also didn't think she should be that nice to her. She had skipped school today and stayed home. And it was obvious she wasn't sick. It wasn't obvious until she turned around.
She looked extremely tired like she hadn't been just running to her house more like she had been running all day. She had a black eye and her knuckles were very red.
"You...okay?" Mikasa didn't want to anger the girl. She might get upset or say something sarcastic.
"Yeah." The blonde girl answered simply, "I fell down a hill earlier." She said shaking her head, "I'll go up stairs." Annie slowly made her way to the staircase. Mikasa noticed she was limping and dished over to help her.
'I shouldn't be doing this...she's always acting like a bitch to everyone.' Mikasa thought but trued help her anyway. Annie pushed her away, not as hard as she normally would have but she was exhausted. Mikasa almost slammed into the wall of the thin staircase. Annie looked up and saw the fear of almost getting hurt.
"S-sorry...I didn't mean-" She tried to apologize but Mikasa cut her off, "No, you're not. I get it, you're not a damsel in distress. Lets just go upstairs to do the project." She walked up the stairs leaving Annie behind. She sighed and kept climbing the stairs slowly.
--------
"So, now that we have that part down...what next?" She asked looking at a distracted Annie who was just staring at the ground.
"You're not even paying attention!" She threw her hands up, "I knew I would have to do this myself!" Mikasa went back to the computer and began to type again.
"I'm sorry! I've had a rough day an I wouldn't normally do this." She never took her eyes off of the ground.
Mikasa raised an eyebrow at her. She was acting very out of character. She had been this whole week. She scooted the laptop to her, "You can proof read while I brain storm. You can do that right?" Annie nodded and took the computer off from the bed and put it on her lap. Mikasa picked up her note book and jotted notes down.
After a while of silence Annie asked, "I know you're going to say no but...would it be okay if I stage over tonight?" Her heart raced, 'Please say yes...'
"No! You almost pushed me down the stairs and you aren't even helping me with this project. And you're never nice to-"
"I get it..." Annie cut her off, "I don't know why I asked." Her expression went blank.
Mikasa knew there had to be something wrong with Annie if she wanted to stay over at her house.