Chapter 18; Back To School

Felicity POV

"HOLY CRAP!" Kirishima and Sero wheezed. "WHAT THE HECK, BAKUGO?!"

It was only the morning of our first day back at school after our internships and shenanigans were already ensuing in the classroom.

"Stop laughing!" The blonde growled through gritted teeth. "My hair's gotten used to this so I can't get it back the right way." The two other boys ignored him, unable to contain their laughter, and this served to further anger Bakugo. "Did you not hear me? I'll kill you both!"

"I'd like to see you try, pretty boy!" Sero simply chortled.

"What did you call me?!" He roared, his hair popping back into place.

This only made them both laugh harder, practically collapsing onto the floor. "There it goes!"

I couldn't help but laugh at the scene myself from where I stood on the other side of the classroom, at Sho-chan's desk with Iida and Midoriya. I was surprised at how happy I was to be at school, something I'd absolutely dreaded facing each and every day not so long ago. It was a strange surprise but a happy one that I eagerly welcomed into my life. It was nice to be able to give my grandparents a real, genuine smile when I left for school in the mornings.

"After one week she's like a totally different person."

Kaminari's comment about Ochaco pulled me out of my thoughts and I looked up to see him standing next to Mineta who was sitting on his desk.

"Different?" The tiny boy scoffed. "Don't be fooled, Kaminari."

His expression then changed to one of true terror as he anxiously nibbled down on his nail, frightened eyes wide and face shadowed with fear.

"All women are demons at heart. They just hide their true personalities behind pretty faces."

"What the heck did Mount Lady do to you?" Kaminari said in a voice mixed with exasperation and concern, smiling worriedly as he grabbed his friend's wrist. "Everyone at my internship loved me, it was actually kinda great. Now, if you wanna talk about the ones who really changed..." grinning, he looked over in our direction. "It was those four."

"Oh yeah!" Sero piped up, unbothered by the fact that Bakugo was holding him and Kirishima by the backs of their blazers' and possibly preparing to set them on fire. "The Hero Killer!"

"Glad you guys made it back alive," Kirishima said, his caring face and relieved tone greatly contrasting his blonde friend's furious demeanour. "Seriously."

"I worried about you too," Yaoyorozu spoke up from beside us, her pretty onyx eyes filled with worry.

"You were lucky Endeavor showed up and saved you guys."

"So cool!" Hagakure squealed as she approached us. "Just what I'd expect from the number two hero."

Not thinking like the idiot I am, I tipped my head to the side in confusion. "Huh? But he wasn't the-"

I felt Sho-chan deliver a hard kick to my shin. I let out a yelp as Iida tried to cut me off by launching into a speech about Mr. Todoroki and Midoriya frantically threw himself at me, slapping a hand down over my mouth. Unfortunately, his sudden movement frightened me, throwing me off balance, and we both fell to the ground, crashing into poor Yaoyorozu's desk on the way down.

Sho-chan just sat there, looking bored and unbothered by the chaos unfolding around him.

"Yeah. That's right. He saved us."

As Oijiro was talking about the news saying that Stain was connected to the League of Villains, Midoriya pushed his upper body up off me, rubbing his head. "Ow...okay, that hurt..." blinking his big green eyes, he looked down at me worriedly. "Are you alright, N..."