Chapter 15; At The Hospital

Shoto POV

"Did you sleep, Midoriya?" I asked, looking over to his hospital bed as I toyed with Felix's hair. She'd been unable to sleep last night so she'd crawled into my bed and hadn't stirred since. She was lying curled up on her side as I spoke, bandaged head seated on my lap, one arm resting in a sling and sucking on her thumb. Considering how much she'd tried to distance herself from me the last few years, I'd forgotten just how clingy she really was.

"No, not really," he replied, sounding tired.

I sighed. "I figured. Me neither."

"Thinking about that fight now..." he continued, looking up at the ceiling. "We did something pretty amazing."

"Yeah, I agree."

"After everything that happened back there...it kind of feels like a miracle we're even alive." He looked down at his right leg, the bottom half of it wrapped up with a bandage. "With my leg messed up, I was an easy target. He probably could've killed me if he really wanted to."

I looked at my own bandage, the one wound around my left arm. "Yeah. It seems to me he let us both live on purpose." I then turned my head over to the bed across from mine. "I'm impressed by you though, Iida. He was actually trying to murder you but you stood tall."

Despite my words, his face didn't show any hints of pride. "That's not true." Contrastingly, he sounded rather ashamed as he stared down towards the ground. "I was..."

He was cut off by a sleepily mumble and we all shifted our gaze onto Felix who was slowly opening her eyes and staring blankly up at me. "Huh...Sh...Sho..."

I poked her cheek. "Morning. You slept like a baby."

"O-Ow, don't do that!"

"Then get off me."

She gave me a tearful look but sat up into a w-sit, rubbing her eyes tiredly. "Good morning, everyone. Did you..." she let out a yawn. "Did you all sleep okay?"

Before anyone could answer, the door slid open to reveal two figures. "Oh, so the injured young 'uns are awake?"

Midoriya's eyes lit up. "Gran Torino!"

Iida's voice was quiet. "And Manual too."

"Idiot!" The old timer snapped at his green haired intern. "I could yell at you for hours right now."

"Y-Yeah!" Midoriya stammered anxiously. "I'm sorry-"

"But before I do..." Gran Torino turned his head back to the door. "You've got a visitor."

A third figure stepped into the room. A very tall and sturdily built person with the head of some kind of a dog, maybe a beagle. He was wearing a suit, consisting of a black pants, a dress shirt and a waistcoat with an unbuttoned black blazer over. To me, the most noticeable feature of the outfit was his black and white tie which somewhat resembled a dalmatian's spotty fur coat.

"This is Hosu's chief of police, Kenji Tsuragamae."

The chief?

Iida, Felix and I silently got to our feet and Midoriya went to follow suit before Tsuragamae stopped him.

"No, please, stay seated, woof."

Hosu's chief everyone. It's a...a barking dog.

We are all so screwed.

"So..." he began, eyeing us all. "You're the UA students who brought down the hero killer, huh?"

"We are," I stated, silently trying to assess this whole situation. The police chief came all this way. Why?