Chapter 14: Passion

Start from the beginning

" Wow. That's harsh but guilty as charged. I'm here to give you a contract. Look at this." He pulled out a file from his blazer, making Kyra wonder how the hell did that fit in there in the first place. It's astounding what all can cramp up in those pockets. 

" With Aman's restaurants up and running he'd really like to have your artwork display there. "

" Your idea or his? " She asked upfront.

" His idea when I implanted it in his brain." Kyra looked disconcerted and sort of furious.

" Ayan, you don't need to throw me a life jacket. I'm not drowning. "

" Who says you are. It's purely business. We're even planning an art gallery right in the lobby for your works. "

" Was it Dad? " She queried. 

" Cmon, we all know you had a fallout with your distributors and your gallery owner. This might just give you a boost. " It was reasonable enough. 

" Look, it's not the bone I want. I'm not broke and work's good. If I were going to a restaurant to dine, I wouldn't be pleased if they were trying to sell paintings to me. There's a reason I'm going to a restaurant. If I wished to add some art to my trove of another set of 'things that don't matter I would go to an art gallery. "

" Kyra... It's different... " She stood to be, clearly restless now.

" Ayan... Whatever it is. I'm not in. "

" Fine. But, Uncle Mir had nothing to do with this. And trust me this isn't about us helping you, it's you helping us to build something innovative. All you can do is have a look at that..." Saying so he left.

Ayan just knew when a conversation has reached its end.

✿✿✿

" Hey! Guessed you'd be here. "

The autumn sun was way down the horizon just leaving those elegant orange-red tints to tail. Ansh knew Ahana would resort to going away to their family farmhouse. It was the only place either of them found solace. 

" The farmhouse isn't the same without them but they had a good life, a happy one. The two dads are pretty much enjoying their days secluded in the countryside villa. " He continued. Kids' granddad and grandpa had decided to move out of the city since they were by themselves to be closer to their friends in their native land. 

" Ahana... Please..." Ansh couldn't bear his wife not replying and just staring at the vast stretches of green lands.

" I'm sorry."

" I know... So am I." She finally whispered.

Ansh noticed Ahana was looking through the albums. She always does and now more often than before. 

" How fast they grow! " She could put up a smile.

Ansh stood beside her as she kept flipping the pages slowly as if trying to remember what those days felt like.

" Can never ever predict what parenting can throw at us because we're so preoccupied with what it has already thrown," Ansh said like a short snort. 

She chortled.

" You remember this?" She pointed to a picture of Aman holding Ayan by his shirt and Aurum pulling Aman while Aavya was still a toddler watching her brother in absolute innocence and awe.

Ansh laughed.

" Of course. Friday Movies nights. Always a fight for which one to pick. First, it was among the boys and then it upgraded to a one between the girls and the boys."