Chapter 21: A Luncheon

#095

" Aavya, it's a Luncheon, not a Supper-eon..." Aman was yelling.

" Haha! Very Funny. On my way, okay." I shouted.

Raichands, Mehras and Malhotras have their monthly calendars marked for at least one get together and today was that day.

Yes, I was late but then am I to be blamed if I'm not able to get hold of my favorite sandals?
Of course, Not.

But, we were tardy and I had to graciously take a couple of usual rants from the gang. Other than that we had a blast!
Love these days so much. It's a boon when your best friends' parents are also best friends with one's parents.

~ Aavya, on the night after their monthly luncheon.

❋❋❋

_______________________________________________

Raichand's household was experiencing a very, very busy morning more so even after Kyle's message. Kyle had taken the liberty to make Riachand's mansion their rendezvous spot without seeking proper permission from their host, not that Ansh or Ahana would have denied him but they were taken by surprise. It was all so sudden, plus organizing a luncheon for 15 people was not a small task although Ansh was confident enough that Ahana will pull it off, she always does but lunch was not a main concern for the couple this morning.

" Hell, Ansh, what would have happened?" Ahana asked a rather sleepy Ansh who was still struggling to open his eyes after all this morning fiasco.

" You should have enquired Kyle when he called," Ansh suggested to which Ahana scowled as if she hadn't. Apparently, after sending the cryptic message Kyle did give a call to her favorite Auntie Ahana to ask for approval after announcing the lunch but it didn't matter. He knew she wasn't gonna say no.

" Ha! You think he would have said it?" She was still in her nightclothes but her mind was already running at what the menu would be and what instructions are to be given while Ansh was lazily stretching in the bed.

" Are you planning to move your slothful self or not? " She asked after noticing that he clearly was in no mood to get his day started.

" I think we should sleep in today, don't you think. We definitely can't go to the office now, well I can but I know you won't. So, I'm thinking let's sleep more for a bit then I'll reschedule both our schedules. What say? A good plan, right?" He grinned and then he realized it was a mistake. He tried to pull Ahana with him but she was up and running.

" Ansh!! No... "

" What? We can take a day to rest, can we not? " He made that puppy face again and this time succeeded in pulling her towards him.

" Yes, we can but today is not that day. Plus, there's a ton to do and..." He stopped her shut by crashing his lips on her, shutting her completely for a minute. No one could ever point out that their romance had lost its charm after all these years of tedious marriage. They still had their moments and it was something that kept them so alive.

" Hmm. Ansh... Stop. You wicked, wicked man!" He laughed when she couldn't help her moans.

" Get your ass up and help me out. I might get you a coffee too." She pushed him away only to be pulled again.

" Ahana... It's not like you have to or you're going to do all the cooking." Her face turned stone cold as she knew he was ridiculing her. After all these years she still had not aced the art of cooking, which she considered her greatest failure in her life.