𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗐𝗈 .

🎐: 𝑎𝑢𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑟'𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡𝑒 :🎐
i got some of the text/inspiration in this chapter from a book i read, it's called "Not If I Save You First" by Ally Carter. just putting that in here so i don't get sued or something lmaooo.

Also, the medical term for what Faith is going through in this chapter is somniloquy.

It's a usually TEMPORARY sleep habit/disorder when a person talks in their sleep without being aware of it. Depending on the person,
they either speak their inner thoughts,
or complete gibberish.
This disorder is caused by sleep deprivation, daytime drowsiness, etc.,
and Faith has gone through and experiencing these things as you read on.
This disorder/habit can usually be cured by fixing your sleep schedule and developing good sleeping habits, so don't worry about Faith, this story is COMPLETELY FICTION anyway.
Please don't hate on me if I get something wrong, I'm not a licensed doctor or anything.

Okay I'll shut my bitch ass up now, enjoy.

- ♔ - ♔ -

Later that night, after the group of young adults had left, Faith and Daniel were both laying on on of the couches in their living room, scrolling through their phones.

Faith was completely laying down, her head propped on pillows, with Daniel laying comfortably on top of her, his head on her torso, his hair moving in and out of vision when Faith breathed.

Daniel had been acting strange today, Faith knew that. She didn't want to question it, though, but she knew something was up with him.

Eh, fuck it.

"Bubs, are you okay?" Faith softly asked Daniel.

"Yeah, just tired," Daniel lied immediately he prayed that Faith wouldn't ask any further questions, he could never lie that much.

"Oh, okay," Faith said with disbelief running through her head.

The next few days were even weirder.

Daniel rarely talked anymore, leaving the for the boys' studio early in the morning and would arrive home in the late hours of the night, sneaking upstairs to their bedroom and quietly get in bed.

Most nights Faith would fall asleep on one of the couches in the living room, not even being able to sleep in their bed anymore because of failed attempts to stay up.

Faith honestly hadn't really mentioned or thought anything of it, until one night.

Daniel had gotten home late, almost at 4 A.M., Faith obviously and completely passed out from exhaustion from trying to stay up but failing yet again.

Daniel tiptoed gently across the living room, crouching down on his knees so his head was parallel to Faith's.

"Love, I miss you," Daniel whispered, smoothing his hand over his girlfriend's hair.

"No you don't," Faith sleepily said. "You're a figment if my imagination," she mumbled.

"What?"

"The real Daniel leaves early, gets home late," she explained, falling in and out of sleep,
"but the Daniel, you," she said, talking about him as if the man kneeling beside her wasn't real,
"you're the Daniel I fell in love with in the first place."

"You don't mean that," Daniel whispered, softly running his hand over Faith's cheek.

"I just miss him," Faith's voice cracked sleepily. "I just want Daniel back,"

Daniel's heart sunk in his chest, knowing that he had, once again, failed the love of his life.

"No, no, no, he never left," Daniel laid on the couch, pulling Faith up onto his chest. "I promise, I'll make it up to you, love, I promise," Daniel firmly said, kissing the top of Faith's head.
He studied the beautiful girl's face as she fell back asleep.

Deep dark circles surrounded the under of her eyes from staying up late.

Daniel wished he could take it all back.

The truth was, he had been nonstop planning on how he was going to propose to Faith, staying really late at the boys' studio and the rest of their group.

He didn't want to mess it up, and stressfully kept going over and over the plan with the rest of the group, editing and revising things he was going to do, what to say, how it work, and he hadn't even realized about the girl he was actually proposing to.

'God, what a dickhead I am.' Daniel shook his head softly, then pulling closer Faith to his chest.

"I love you so, so, so much," Daniel whispered, running a hand through Faith's blonde locks of hair. "Love, I am so, so, so, so sorry," his voice broke, tears welling up in the man's eyes.
"God, I can't lose you," Daniel sniffed, rubbing his face with his sleeve. "I just can't."