06 - Me Too

Chapter 6

Tony's Pov:

We're in the park carrying out fireworks when I see two people hugging by the big tree.

"Hey" I nudge Bruce's shoulder, "Doesn't that look like the new kids over there?"

"They have names you know," he rolls his eyes slightly, "But yes, that does look like them."

"Looks like they're having a pretty intense hug..."

"Tony stop staring!" Bruce lightly smacks my arm but I can sense he's struggling to not laugh.

"Hey I know you're staring too, and it's not my fault I'm nosy." I laugh.

"Fine. I am a bit curious about them."

"So let's go sit on that bench and watch them." I grab his hand.

"We have to pretend were doing something."

"Yes!"

We pretend to fiddle with our fireworks. But really we just watch them. They've been hugging for at least 20 minutes and it's becoming really awkward for us.

"Bruce this is weird."

"Tony they're both crying," Bruce whispers. And he's right, they are.

"Maybe we shouldn't be watching them..." Bruce says but then there's some movement.

"Bruce! The boy is climbing the tree!" I whisper shout.

"No they both are!" Bruce whisper shouts back.

We both go quiet and just watch. After a bit they both come down with a very big backpack and some ropes. What.

"What are they doing?" I ask Bruce.

"Shhh" Bruce whispers.

The boy, Pietro, then put the big bag on his back and the girl, Wanda, carries their school bags. They walk off out of the park.

"Tony, that was really weird." Bruce whispers.

"Maybe let's just pretend that didn't happen," I reply. But really I know it's gonna bug me until I find our what they were doing.

"Okay," I'm pretty sure he's thinking the same thing as me.

We sit on the bench in silence for a bit. "Bruce let's light some fireworks soon," I say. The sun's already starting to set.

"Okay," he says. We pick them up and start walking to our special spot.

A couple years ago we found a hidden path that leads to a little field. Over the years we've brought stuff there and we made it our special spot.

Bruce goes to the closet we built then sets up some blankets on the grass. I go to the mini fridge and grab us sodas.

We then lay there, looking at the sky. It's not quite dark enough to light the fireworks. We're both silent, but it's a comfortable silence. Very comfortable, there's something truly wonderful about laying on the ground looking at the sky.

"Hey Bruce?"

"Yeah Tony?"

"Do you ever wish that we could just stay like this forever?"

"All the time Tony, all the time," he says turning his head towards wards me with a weak smile.

I smile back, "Me too Bruce."

**

Pietro's Pov:

We're both lying on our backs looking at the sky when we see some fireworks go off.

"Pietro look!" Wanda points sitting up.

I sit up and scooch beside her. I put my arm around her shoulder and she puts hers around my torso.

We both watch them silently. "Hey Wanda?" I say finally.

"Yeah,"

"I have a good feeling about this year,"

She smiles back, "Me too Pietro."