♛ Prologue ♛

♛ Prologue ♛

Troye’s P.O.V

Ah-choo!

I looked over Kenzie and wrinkled my nose in disgust.

“Gross.” I mumbled under my breath. She narrowed her eyes at me.

“What? Did you look in the mirror for the first time?” She snapped and her twin sister chuckled lightly next to her. A librarian shushed us and she went back to her book.

“I'm bored.” I whispered to her and she rolled her hazel eyes.

“Go jump of a cliff, that would be entertaining.” I faked gasp and put a hand over my chest. Macy, her twin, shook her head and looked at me apologetically.

“Kenzie, that wasn’t nice.” She whispered and I smirked.

“Awe, come on Mace! That guy is jerk, he deserved it!” She looked at her sister and pointed a finger at my face.

“What did I ever do to you for you to hate me so much?” I faked sobbed and she tried to keep a calm expression. Man, I love pissing off that girl. Mackenzie Anderson. You see, Kenzie and I have a very funny relationship. It’s more like an ‘I like to piss you off and I wish I could rip your throat out’ relationship. We’ve always been like that, since we were kids. Hell, those were the days we really fought. I chuckled as those memories were resurfacing and shook my head.

I haven’t introduced myself properly. I’m Troye, Troye Cooper and apparently I’m also known as ‘Mr. Playboy’. I should probably admit it since once or twice I’ve used girls for pleasure. But why does it sound so harsh when I think about it? I mentally rolled my eyes. Weirdly enough, regardless of my reputation girls always throw themselves at me. Some of them even ask me out, some just straight up ask to hook up and I just try to reject them politely. However, even though I'm ‘Mr. Playboy’, I actually work hard. My grades are pretty good and I'm proud of that. I actually want to find a job after school, probably something to do with engineering, I think?

Coming back to the subject, Mackenzie Anderson, ‘Little Miss Popular’. She’s one of the prettiest girls in our entire school, with her chocolate brown hair and emerald hazel eyes. Well apparently, she’s nice, sweet, intelligent, caring, loved by everyone, kind, and just perfect, well not to me. I rolled my eyes at that thought. Kenzie happens to have a twin sister, Macy. And wow, that girl is the opposite of her clone. She’s really shy, innocent, lonely, well basically, a nerd. Always hiding behind her thick glasses and books. No one actually knows her as well as her twin. She’s very quiet and doesn’t really like to talk, unlike her sister. But they still have a good relationship, which I guess is good.

“Do you really want me to answer that question Parker?” She sneered and I frowned at her. A smirk slowly grew on her lips as she noticed my expression.

“Don’t call me that.” I whispered and she chuckled.

“Why Parker?” She ran her tongue over her dried lips.

“Idiot.”

“Says you, Parker.” She smiled sweetly and went back to her book. I groaned and ran a hand through my hair, frustrated. Macy looked over Kenzie and I and sighed heavily.

“I’ll never understand you guys.” She mumbled softly. Her sister snorted with a smile stuck to her face.

“He’s just really stupid.” She looked over at me with amusement clearly seen in her eyes.

“Says you.” I mimicked her voice and she rolled her eyes.

“See?” She looked at her sister who just rolled her eyes too.