Wednesdays

That night, Owen managed to find his way back to the metal cage, closing the railings, he let his mind wander back to the forest, back to the warmth... Back to Thalia.

The early streak of light broke the silent dawn, signalling another day of uncertainty, pain, and miserableness.

"Good heavens!"

The old woman screamed in horror, seeing the cage unlock. She should've doubled check before getting into bed but the crisp, winter air just won't let a woman her age be at peace... Especially her bones.

Pulling the padlock out of her jacket, she locked the door, sighing in relief to see the strange brown eyes looking back at her.

Like he was mocking her, his eyes shifted into the same shade of her forest green ones. Fear crept into her.

"Idris?"

She whispered.

"I am not Idris."

She snapped out of it, anger took over her. How dare he? How could he make her feel sadness and empathy towards a monster, the devil reincarnation.

"What the hell are you doing, y-you bastard!? You think that's a funny thing to do?! "

She wanted to throw up in disgust and in terror, the loathe she feels for him can never be explained.

"No... Your eyes remind me of the forest... I like it."

She released a force chuckle, gripping into her walking stick.

"Don't you fucking do that again! you monster!"

She poked his body with the stick but the pain doesn't seem to bother him as much as it does yesterday.

He looked up, his eyes still in that beautiful shade of forest green.

"You're hurting me..."

He furrowed his brow in sadness, his eyes looking down. Her hands freeze and she chose to hold back the disgusting sob threatening to come out from her.

She won't cry in front of this monster. He's playing with her head and she won't let him take pleasure with it so she turned her back and left the boy.

Owen's eyes turned back to the warm silver shade before smiling into himself.

The old woman, Dahlia, broke down in tears as soon as she entered the house. Clutching her chest, she heave is exhaustion.

How could he?!

Her eyes darted around the darken living room, a room that once filled with warmth and laughters. They landed on the framed photo hanging on the wall. The colors it once had are now blended into one sad and old, clearly saying that time was not kind to it nor to the people smiling back at her.
__________

One evening, Dahlia came back, carrying a metal bowl, fit for a dog, containing raw chunks of meat.

She carefully unlocked the door, swinging it open to shove the "dinner"  in.

"Eat up!"

He didn't waste anytime. Owen picked up the bloody raw meat, biting into it. A mixture of saluva and blood dripped on the side of his mouth but he did not care to wipe it off, he was too hungry to care.

He looked up when Dahlia locked the cage up.

"Wait..."

He called out. She glared at him but gave out a slight nod for him to continue.