Caged

Small, calloused hands wrapped around the icy metal railings of the caged. Striking silver eyes moved from left to right as the little boy sighed in the sight of the old woman with a bowl of what he wish is something to keep him warm, or atleast his stomach.

The woman glared at him and he automatically cowered away from the door, his arms around his waist, flinching when he touched his bruise, hidden under his tattered shirt.

"Eat up. Piss me off again and you'll stay here for another week."

The thick layer of snow managed to wet the end of her dress, adding to her annoyance. She grunted, kicking off some of the snow.

"What a burden you are! I should've known they'll bear such a monster like you and kick you out for someone to handle."

She reached for her cane whilst the boy shook in terror, albeit this happened a handful of times already, he can't seem to get over the pain.

She smacked his side again and again while he whimpered, scared that if he made a sound or cry too loud, it'll only add to her anger.

"Eat, you dog! You know what, this snow could've kill a person if they stay outside for a week and here you are, shows how much of an animal you are."

He stopped picking his food, his eyebrows furrowed, some part of him wanted to lash out of the woman.

" I am a human."

He murmured.

The dangerous auro around him made her knees weak in terror, which she hid under a smug grin.

"Finish this up!"

Without second thoughts she turned and walk to the house, not giving a second glance to the cage she forgot...

Left open.