Chapter 8

Thirty students stood inside the training room. It made Zyrena a little claustrophic with its dark walls but it was wide enough to fit a football field. She stood in the back since she was one of the tallest girls. Sam was a row behind her. She haven't talked to him and she didn't know what to say. Lyall was the last to arrive. He looked tired and Zyrena couldn't help but blame herself from what happened. He saved her many times and twice in a day. She looked at Lyall but he didn't even glanced at her.

Loud footsteps alerted them and the same man from last night walked in his gray Arkya unifrom. He has a clean cut dirty blonde hair and his stoic expression made Zyrena tremble inside.

General Carter Lewis. Graduated as the top student of Arkya Class 5031. He served King Lydron for ten years and returned to the academy as an instructor.

"At ease."

"I am General Carter Lewis. Your instructor for the first half of the year."

"Most of you had training before this. Some of your trainers were once in my class and we had tracked your performances. But once you step foot into this academy, you are under me. Every thing you learned may or may not help you but all of you will act according to my rules." he walked back and forth surveying everyone.

"You may think you are better than others who had less privileges than you. But once you step into this academy, you are all the same. You may fought hard in you previous screenings, but this one will be hell."

Zyrena gulped down in fear. She never knew what it's like in their screening, camps, or training. She watched Delaney practice at home and it made her feel exhausted by watching. Zyrena knew General Carter had an idea of who she truly was. It gave her a little relief but still she had to perform like one of them.

"Expect the worst. Sector Arkya is bound to protect the kingdom. Soon you'll have to swear your oath in front of the King. People will entrust their lives to all of you. But before that, you must earn it. Remember this, Sector Arkya will make or break you. It is up to you which choice will you take."

After that the General blew his whistle and every one started the warm up drills. Most of the time Zyrena cluelessly followed. She tried to remember the instructions and videos given to her. It was their first day on combat training. There were 15 girls who were tasked to climb on the ropes that hung from the ceiling. Zyrena loved to climb trees but this one tortured her. She fell multiple times and Carter gave a disappointed look. Sometimes she glanced at Sam who looked effortless in dragging a rubber tire about his size. Even Lyall made it look easy.

"Come on Delaney. I thought you're stronger than this." Priscilla whispered as Zyrena tried to avoid her punches. They were paired for most partner work since they are about the same size. Priscilla didn't hesitate to hit her. Zyrena could taste blood in her mouth but she did everything she can. She managed to hit her a few times but it was nothing compared to Priscilla does.

The general whistled and everybody sat on the floor.

"All of you are one catastrophic mess. If you fight your enemies like that no one will be left to protect the King. Fight not because I ask you too. Fight like your life depended on it." the General rubbed his face. Zyrena thought everybody did great but it was never enough in his standards.

"Ten minute break. Except for you, you, you, and you." Zyrena's eyes widened as he pointed her last. She was the only girl among the four. Zyrena have been aching that break but she had no choice.

"I can't believe how you got here in the first place. I can drag some ordinary street fighters in town and they can defeat you in a single punch." he gritted his teeth.

Unleashजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें