6. Single for life - not.

"By the angel! It's beautiful! Magnus, I love you!" Izzy squealed and hugged Magnus tightly as the others covered their ears from her loud excited scream.

"Iz! You do realize it's me who told Magnus everything about shadowhunter wedding, he just brought everything here, right?" Alec said a bit offended that his efforts weren't getting acknowledged.

"Of course, I do big brother. And, I love you, that's why I agreed with you, Mom, and Magnus being the wedding planner for my wedding. I didn't mean to offend you, big bro." Squeezing Alec's shoulder lightly, she sends him an apologetic look.

Alec sighed and nodded back. In a week, his little sister was going to get married, so he wanted to do everything he could to make it as best as possible. He wanted her to have the brightest smile on her big day. What kind of brother he would be if he can't fulfill that.

It's been four and a half months since Simon's ascension, he was an approved shadowhunter by the Clave and his training was going great. As soon as Clave approved that he could have a wedded union rune, Sizzy didn't waste any time in setting their wedding date. As for Simon's training, Alec hadn't seen an archer or fighter like him in a long time, and coming this from Alec Lightwood Bane himself was a big thing. The sightings of the shadow near Jace's window were barely three to four times in these four months, but they were on alert every second as no one knew what that person wanted.

Right now, everyone was gathered in Magnus' loft because he wanted to show all the decorations to Izzy for approval before sending it to the Lightwood Manor. In spite of the Accords Hall, Isabelle wanted her wedding to be in their own traditional Manor and everyone was excited to see it, as Alec and Magnus hadn't allowed anyone to go there until they wanted to. They both and Maryse were working and staying there day and night to make the manor lively and homely again. Because Alec was now the Inquisitor, they had their manor back to themselves approximately two years ago and they had reconstructed it with the help of Magnus, knowing the history of it.

Magnus' loft was filled with huge boxes of daylilies, Mexican marigold, basket of gold; hundreds of curtains ranging from light gold to dark gold, which was either silk or satin; and different types of ancient cutlery. He, Alec, and Maryse had decorated the manor to some extent already. They were all excited about this wedding.

"So, when are we going to the mansion?" Simon asked. "I'm really excited to see it."

"It's Manor Sherman and let me send everything there first," Magnus said and clicked his fingers and all the boxes vanished.

"It's Simon and I've heard it both ways!" Simon replied with a shrug.

"I can't believe it's actually happening, two of my favorite people are finally going to become one," Clary said, having a huge grin on her face.

"That.. was really cheesy Fray, but thanks anyway."

"Thank you, Clary." Izzy smiled brightly, then turned towards Alec. "Alec, there's something I wanted to ask you."

"What is it? Something's wrong?" Alec frowned.

"No, nothing's wrong, actually, big brother," she took his hand in hers, a nervous smile playing on her lips. "Will you be my suggenes?" She asked with little hesitation.

If Alec got a little worried there, all of it vanished completely hearing that, and a warm smile formed on his lips. "I'd be honored to, Isabelle Sophia Lightwood!" He said, wrapped her in a tight hug then kissed the top of her head. "Can't believe you're actually going to be married in a week."

Wrapping her arms tighter around his torso, she tilted her chin up and looked at him. "You have to, big brother. I'm not your little sister anymore."