24. Embrace what you got.

!W! Use of strong language and mention of violence.

*************************************

"A Silver Angel."

"What!?" The cave walls echoed with the astonished chorus of the group, eyes bulging and mouth hung open. Curious eyes stared at the elder man, while, their heartbeats sliced through the superseding silence.

"But... Alec's a Silver Angel." Izzy broke the stilling discomfort. "How's this possible? He says he can't do anything. That he feels helpless."

"And I can feel that," Jace added in a low voice, hand reaching out to his parabatai rune.

"But isn't he a gifted one though?" Simon asked, "I mean maybe it's not him but that other Silver Angel he's leaning the control from."

"Angel Amberosa?" Rosette's brows scrunched to form a deep crease. "If she had known this all along then why not help him before? Alec had a telepathic connection with her, right?"

"Because Angels work in mysterious ways, don't they?" Stefan said in a bitter tone.

"Higher beings' mysteries are to help their followers discover the right path, their true potential, my children," Simasua said, his soft, entrancing voice vibrating through the stone walls around them. "And gifted beings are as powerful as their true possessors. They just take time to orient themselves into it. If the daughter of the moon has abstaining information, there has to be a motive."

"I'm sorry, Simasua, but the motive of what?" Izzy's voice trembled as she fisted her hand on the cusp of other. "Our family is in danger. People have died. There's a greater threat haunting over the world. Is this not enough for the higher beings to get involved?"

"If everything would've been in the hands of greater beings, our creation would have never occurred, my child. As I said before, every power has limitations. And when those limitations are tested, it results in wrath and destruction. We blame the creators to calm our own demons, but the truth is, this world is not theirs, it's ours and we are responsible for what happens on it.

Their duty is to guide us. Ours, is to protect what they have provided us. Higher being's duties are not confined only to us. They are the rulers of their own world- moons, heaven, hell, and a world beyond that isn't meant for our eyes and mind to witness. We, as a breed of magic, have the power to see beyond the shadows but even we are restricted to go beyond the dawn of earth. Some mysteries are better left on their own, my children. In the hands of the greater powers."

A layer of silence settled between them as the group exchanged looks. "So," Simon broke the ice, "what's the motive here? Alec had no idea he was capable of it. He's waiting for us to return and give him information."

The old man's golden eyes shimmered as a thoughtful expression crossed over his chiseled, young face. "Ask your friend to be present here within half an hour."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alec's racing heartbeat rang in his ears and head so loud that nothing else got acknowledged, neither the swoosh of the closing portal behind him nor the roaring wind tearing the trees off its roots. All he acknowledged was the silhouette of his friend standing at the mouth of an ancient cave.

"Rose!" His legs trembled as he sprinted in her direction. "Rosette, Magnus!? Is he here? Is he safe?"

"Alec, slow down. We don't know anything yet."

"What!?" Sweat trickled down his forehead despite the strong wind gushing right into his face. "What do you mean? Then why-"

"It's you can find him!"