Sniffling at the envelopes, I frowned at the thought of having to see them in the Arena. Just like me, Finnick and Johanna were the only living tributes of the opposite sexes in their districts. Sure there was one other male tribute of District Four, but he wouldn't even be able to make the drive to the Capitol. So Finnick was the only option. While the two of them had their deaths already written in stone, Haymitch had a fifty percent chance of getting selected as a tribute.

After my conversation with President Snow, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Peeta was picked instead. Snow wanted the Star-Crossed Lovers dead. And dead he would get them. Hearing a knock on the front door, I wiped away any remaining tears from my face, they wouldn't see me cry. I was now Athena Grey, Capitol darling. Plastering on a fakest smile that I could muster, I opened the door and was greeted with a Peacekeeper. Fuck.

"Good Morning, Miss.Grey. We wanted to inform you that it is Reaping Day, as well as conduct a wellness check." A fairly young Peacekeeper said, looking me up and down.

"Thank you, Sir. That is very kind of you. Seeing as how I will be busy today, you think that it is possible to have these letters delivered? I was planning on doing it tomorrow, but my plans have changed. Can it be done?" I asked, smiling at him seductively.

"Oh, of course!" He stuttered out, making me want to smirk knowing that I still had that effect on people.

I would normally be against flirting with people to get what I want. But, fuck it. I'm going to the Games tomorrow. I need to get this done. So who cared if I flirted? There were worse things going on. Smiling at his nervousness, I handed him the letters as he blushed a bright pink. He was obviously new to all of this. The Old Peacekeeper's knew better than to fall for my tricks.

"Thanks for this, Mr..?" I said, my voice trailing off at the end.

"Mr. Gallaway! But you can call me John." He said, his cheeks a nice rosy red.

"Well thank you, John." I said, smiling at him.

"Anything for a woman as beautiful as you." He said, flirting with me.

"I have to get ready for the Reaping." I said, pretending to blush at his flirting.

"Oh, yes! I'll hope to see you again Miss.Grey!" He said, winking at me.

Pretending to giggle, I hesitantly closed the door on him, making sure to close it slowly. Like I was some crushing little school girl. He needed to think I liked him. He needed to believe it. Hearing his footsteps leaving, I let out a sigh of relief at the sound. Leaning against the door, I let out a small huff at the realization that I would have to get ready for the Reaping for real this time. I didn't want to. But, I had to. 

--0--

Walking up the stage, I could feel the pitiful looks of the entire District. They knew it. I knew it. I was going to be picked. There was no one else but me. Standing strong, I stood behind the large bowl that held my name, if I was going out. I was going out gracefully. Staring out at the crowd, it didn't bother looking up from the crowd, until the sound of heels that gained my attention. This was it.

Walking up to the microphone was Celia De Baudelaire, District 10's personal escort as well as a good friend of mine, with an upset look on her face. Her blonde hair was tied up into messy buns and her outfit was carnival themed. Her make-up was surprisingly tame this year, she was probably taking my advice from last year to go for a more 'natural' look.

Muttering small prayers under my breath, I focus on the stage; more specifically the large bowl filled with names. It appeared as though there were triple times the normal amount of names than usual. Wiping the sweat off my hands, I gulp as Celia walks over to the girls bowl.