It's you (mature)

Start from the beginning

"I heard about your breakup. Dax actually told me." He paused. "Before you say it: I know it's three in the morning. I just couldn't sleep and thought of you." He admitted, walking around the living room to keep himself occupied while they talked. It was one of his nervous habits.

Stefani's stomach felt warm at the thought of being on his mind and she smiled when she heard him pace around. "You should learn how to sit down while being on the phone." She commented.

Bradley raised a brow. "How do you know I'm not sitting?"

"I can hear your footsteps and we might've been lacking on the communication side but I still know you very well, Cooper." She teased. "And yes, Michael and I broke up." She laid back down in bed and sighed.

"Care to elaborate?" He asked, sitting down now.

"No." She said, remembering the last straw as to why he left her.

"Why not? I thought you trusted me?" He joked, referring to the many times he'd told her to trust him. She usually did unless it involved food combinations he claimed were good. He had no taste in food unless it was pasta and even then he'd managed to disappoint her by putting cinnamon sugar on top of them. He'd called it 'dessert noodles'. Gross.

"I do. It's just nothing to discuss over the phone." She shrugged. It wasn't anything to discuss, period.

"You're up right?" He asked, already on his way out of the house.

"It's three in the bloody morning!" She said, laughing.

"We've been up all night before, Germanotta. I'll be at your door in ten minutes and you better let me in. I might have to break in if you don't and I'll make sure to break everything I can when I do." He laughed, making her laugh as well.

"Okay. You're crazy." She grinned.

"You like that about me." He jogged to his car and jumped inside.

She bit her lip. That wasn't the only thing she liked about him. "Shut up. Drive safe." She said and hung up. She immediately got out of bed and went to freshen up a bit. She didn't feel the need to put on any make up or fancy clothes and just brushed her hair and teeth before slipping on a pair of warmer socks and an oversized jacket that actually belonged to Bradley. He'd once forgotten it when they were still filming and worked on the script all night long and when she tried to give it back to him, he'd told her to keep it. It still smelled like him.

"I'm outside!" Bradley yelled, making her laugh.

She immediately opened the door and silenced him with giggles leaving her lips. "My neighbors are gonna hate me!"

"My bad." He shrugged with a smile and pulled her towards him without a hint of hesitation. She closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around him, loving the feeling of being in his embrace. She'd missed this, him, feeling safe with someone like this. "You look beautiful." He commented when they pulled away and she rolled her eyes at him.

"I look tired because I am." She teased, letting her pointer finger run down his chest.

Bradley gave her a half smile. "Sorry. I just couldn't wait to hear that breakup story." He took her hand in his and guided them over to her beige couch.

"I can't tell you." She groaned. She was a terrible liar so making up a lie felt extremely pointless to her since he'd be able to read her immediately. "It's embarrassing."

Bradley chuckled. "Tell me! I'll get it out of you eventually." He warned and she knew he was right.

She buried her face in the crook of his neck to hide. "I moaned your name while we were having sex." She blurted out quickly, closing her eyes and pressing them shut tightly. Maybe if she pretended to not be there, he'd disappear again.