2.

"THIS YEARS VICTOR'S

"THIS YEARS VICTOR'S..."

--¤☆¤--

"Looks like a storm is coming." I whispered, looking out of my kitchen window.

The skies were painted in dark greys and blues, making the atmosphere of District 10 more glum than usual. It felt like since Katniss and Peeta had won, things were more glum than usual. Like the universe knew something was terribly wrong. Wrapping my wool sweater around my arms, I stared up at the sky as the rumbles of thunder filled the once peaceful air. I could make hot chocolate later on and grab a fresh pastry from the bakery. Yeah, I'll do that.

Hearing my T.V turn on automatically, I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room, confused about what was going on. Has something bad happened? Staring at the screen, I could feel my hands begin to shake as the camera panned out to Snow who had a smirk on his face. I didn't like the sight of that smirk. Shakily grabbing a discarded glass of water off the table, I watched as he read off whatever was written in the white envelope.

"And now we honor our third Quarter Quell." Snow announces, smiling deviously at the camera.

"On the Seventy-fifth anniversary, as a reminder to the rebels that even the strongest among them cannot overcome the power of the Capitol. The male and female tribute will be reaped from their existing pool of victors." He says, making me drop the glass in my hand.

"The male and female tribute will be reaped from their existing pool of victors.."

"Will be reaped from their existing pool of victors.."

Those words rang in my head like a broken record. I was going to be returning to the Games. With Klaudius. With Johanna. Sinking to my knees, I let out a loud scream as Snow continues to ramble on about the Quarter Quell. Feeling the sharp pickling of glass on my knees and ankles, I couldn't. I can't. I was going back. Hearing the distant screams come from down the street, I already knew that it was Klaus and his family. Oh my god. His family. He was going to leave them.

'I have to go back to the games..' I thought.

"No⎯No⎯No, please be a cruel joke. Please be a joke." I whispered, frantically running my hands through my hair.

Tucking my knees into my chest, I whimpered at the thought of having to kill my fellow friends and Mentor. No. No. No. I won the first time, why were they doing this? I did what they asked. I played their Game. Shutting my eyes, I couldn't escape the memories of my former ally Ares and his gory death. Would these Games end like the last time? No. No. No.

"No⎯No⎯Please Ares. I don't wanna die. I wanna go home." I sob out, scared of what he might do.

"Shh, Athena. It's gonna be okay." He said, cooing at my crying face.

"Saint Calvin told me not to worry about you, but he's got his own things to deal with..There's really just one thing that we have in common..Neither of us will be missed.." He sings, lifting up my knife above his head.