Chapter 24: It's okay to cry sometimes

Start from the beginning

Upon the primrose sand beside the cyan sea, the hue was gentle on the eye as a vintage photograph

Upon the primrose sand beside the cyan sea, the hue was gentle on the eye as a vintage photograph. The beach stretched out alongside the water, occupied by a group of young children running around with the most jovial expressions on their faces. Their little pairs of wings flapped with the wind as they chased each other. A gentle breeze invited the palm trees to dance with it, the clear blue sky permitting a lovely day. A true paradise, it was.

"Catch me if you can, slowpokes!" A boy with silvery hair and sparkling lilac orbs giggled as he was being chased by the other children.

"Zane, you sly little thing! You're dead when we catch you!" The other children screamed, laughing merrily, as their wings stretched out beautifully.

The children laughed in unison as they played with a blissful atmosphere surrounding them. To catch up to little Zane Adriel, the children formed a circle connected by their wings and trapped him. In a moment, they were squeezing him into a warm embrace as laughter broke out. The purity in their hearts was what made Heaven so special.

Within a splint second the blissful environment faded into darkness, as if one scene changed to another in a film.

Zane Adriel was older now. The other children were nowhere to be seen. Instead, he was trapped in what seemed to be his previous home in heaven. A ferocious fire roared around him, bewildering him.

From beyond the fire, approached Zane's parents, his friends- drenched in blood. Their eyes were filled with hostility and disgust; something he never saw in them before.

"It's all your fault, Zane Adriel."

"We died because we had to protect you!"

"Weakling!"

Zane felt venerable. His legs couldn't hold his weight anymore and he collapsed as tears blurred his vision. He tried to reach out to them, but they seemed so far yet so far away. The bodies of his parents, friends, disappeared into ashes as the fire raged. Like before, he was helpless this time too. Angel Zane Adriel, a protector, failed to protect his loved ones.