"Alright, then, how ma-?" When his words registered in her head, she looked up, incredulous.

"Great," he grinned.

"What-!?"

He swiped the blond's phone from his pocket, tapping with his thumb onto the screen.

"How do you know my pass-?"

She held it out to her, past the counter. "Customer service, miss, can he have your phone?"

She blinked dumbly. Taking his phone into her hands, she saw it was open to a number pad. Typing in her number, her cheeks blushed. Fumbling, she took out her own phone, handing it to the greenie, who handed it to the blond.

... A Noika? typing in a number as he thought so.

"That's not your number," the green-headed male said, his yellow eyes mischievous as he looked from his shoulder.

Grumbling, he typed in his proper number. How does she use this?

That was how the two got each other's phone numbers.

While on her break, she stared at her flip phone, wondering what to label his contact as.

She thought for a moment. What did she know about him?

She was shorter than him. He was probably the normal height for his age, but she was shorter than him. By she didn't want to call him a giant just because he was a bit taller.

Thinking so, she typed in what she knew of him, so that she wouldn't look later and wonder who the heck Arlo was.

Blond boi regular.

Meanwhile, the blond, Arlo, did not name her by her name tag that read "Liana". Instead, he typed in something he would just read and go, "oh, that person".

Tiny Blue Coffee.

When he pressed the checkmark button to say he was done editing her contact, he closed his eyes.

Dammit, why did Rei have them exchange numbers!?

Having each other's numbers didn't change much about their relationship, which only extended to being customer and server.

Arlo came by again, ordering the same thing. She wrote his name down on the sleeve as usual, calling out his name when she was done. That was the only way she knew his name.

Stepping forward, he took his drink and tipped her a bit extra, like he usually did.

With nothing changing in their relationship, summer break came. She worked longer shifts. He did stop a thief that stole from their store once, but it didn't do much to them getting closer. He came by again, when she was feeling more daring, just coming off of her break. Business had been a bit slow that day, and she got to have sweet candies, and just made a sugary boba for herself. With him, he brought the green-haired male again.

"Your usual?"

"Yeah."

"Aand a mango boba!"

Rather than writing down Arlo's name onto the sleeve, she wrote down "BLONDE GIANT" as a joke, though he was only a bit taller.

When he got the drink, he stared at the name she wrote down.

Worried he would react negatively, he instead looked at her and... stuck a thumbs-up with a small sparkle.

"Great. Thanks, Beansprout."

Surprised, she let out a small laugh. The other, who she learned was named Rei, burst into laughter.

Arlo rolled his eyes, hiding the faintest hint of a smirk as he took a sip.

Great taste, as usual.

She ducked into the back for a moment before coming out again. Leaving, his phone buzzed in his pocket.

Checking his screen, he saw a text message from "Tiny Blue Coffee".

You're welcome!

He stared, wondering what to say. He left her on read.

Then Rei took his phone and typed a response. Getting one back, he handed his phone back, taking another sip.

"You're welcome."

Finding himself in the middle of a conversation, he began exchanging messages with her. Through that, they started becoming more of... friends, they guessed.

Weird. A probably mid-tier, being friends with a Jack.

. . .

Arlo found himself texting her on a weekend night. She had fallen asleep the night before, since she apparently just got back from another shift, and texted him the next night to apologize.

She mentioned she was toasting waffles for dinner, which started her reasoning to it being a great breakfast food.

Then it mentioned school, then got to abilities, and he finally asked her what her ability was.

I get to float items and myself for a bit!

Like he expected, mid-tier abilities.

. . .

A new school year had begun.

A week had passed since it started.

Arlo walked down the middle of the halls, the other students around him staying away, keeping to the edges to let him walk through, undisturbed.

Other than that, the students chattered about their breaks, and what they did.

He got a message from Liana about her first day of high school, since she mentioned she was just a year behind that, last week. She hadn't mentioned what high school she would be going to, though.

While walking, he turned a corner. He saw someone turning to ascend the stairs, staying by the side, not talking to anyone. She walked quickly, her blue hair styled into two braids.

Seeing her small stature and blue hair disappear quickly, he faintly thought about what he thought his school year would be like.

He got out his phone, texting a quick message.

You never said you went to Wellston

He heard something drop, hitting the stairs. Walking over, he picked up the phone that fell down the stairs, and saw her descending quickly.

"That's mine!"

She noticed who it was holding her device.

Extra:

"Why did you do that?" Arlo asked his upperclassman, Rei.

"She was cute, and you said you were a regular." He shrugged, closing his eyes. "Close to another girl, at least. She's got a job, too."

He briefly thought back to the blue-haired girl with braids, who, while making their drinks, had to reach something on a shelf.

Using her ability, her eyes faintly glowed azure. Floating, she picked up what she needed and dropped her feet onto the ground.

Mid-tier, Rei would assume.

He put the straw in his mouth, taking a sip. His eyes popped open.

"This is really good! I oughta pay her extra!"