𝐌𝐲 𝐈 | 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐡𝐚𝐨

Start from the beginning

He was in his bed, in his room, in his house, and he was glad he was. The dream had felt so real, but couldn't be, right?

"Mama told me that only soulmates show up and talk to us in our dreams. You're h-here,"

The way the boy had said those words hurt Junhui deep down though he refused to listen to his heart. It was as if the boy had been waiting for him for so long and now, if this was real, he had left the poor boy hanging. He looked down at his hands, remembering the white string, but it was nowhere to be seen.

He then realized that he didn't know the name of the boy and the other way around. He groans as he sits up. As soon as his bed creaks, the door to his room slams open and Wonwoo and Mingyu race in.

"Oh my god! Hyung! You're up!" Wonwoo nearly bursts into tears as he runs to Junhui and engulfs the older in a bone-crushing hug. Mingyu stands by the doorway as he watches his boyfriend and his best friend.

When the two had come home from the party, the house had been too quiet for their liking, and it was unusual as well. Their hyung would always be up and it was only 11:34 pm. Junhui never went to bed that early, no matter what.

They had decided to check on their hyung, but when they had found his room dark and him unconscious on the floor near his bed, the two had panicked. Wonwoo had gone ahead to check his pulse and was relieved to find a strong one. They had put him back on his bed, but when 5 hours had passed, they were tempted to call the ambulance, but as soon as they heard a noise in his room, they had gone up to see him and now here they were; with two distressed boys and one confused and dazed boy, who had absolutely no idea what the hell was going on.

"Hyung! What happened?! How did you pass out?!" Wonwoo cries, not letting go of the older male, who groans in pain as his ribs were being crushed.

"I-I don't know. After you guys left, I was gonna go to the balcony, but when I stood up, my stomach started hurting so bad that I fell down, then my ribs and when my head hurt, I just passed out. And that's not even the weirdest part. I had a dream where I woke up in another boy's bed. He was crying and he saw me. He said that only in your—"

"Only in your dreams can you see your soulmate. And you feel your soulmate's pain when they long for you. Jun! You found your soulmate!" Wonwoo exclaims and Junhui looks at them suspiciously. Wonwoo had not only called him by his nickname, but he had also dropped the honorifics, which signalled that this was serious, but he was still suspicious.

"And you know this because?"

"Because that's how we found each other," Mingyu says, back hugging Wonwoo. Junhui gags at their cuteness, but deep inside, he was longing for the same kind of love.

Junhui stares at the wall behind Mingyu and sighs.

"My soulmate was hurt." He states, and Wonwoo rolls his eyes.

"Well yeah obviously. Otherwise, you wouldn't feel the pain," Wonwoo deadpans, and Mingyu snickers. Junhui shakes his head, suddenly looking panicked.

"It wasn't just an 'ouch that hurt' kind of pain! It was the 'Holy Shit, I'm literally dying' kind of pain!" Junhui exclaims and Wonwoo looks at the panicked male.

"What happened? I mean, what did it feel like?" Mingyu asks carefully.

"First it was like some elephants were stampeding over my stomach, then it was like I fell off a mountain and landed on my ribs then it was like a bulldozer ran over my head," Jun says, trying to define the pain. It sounded dramatic, but to Junhui it was the intense pain he could remember forever.

"O-Oh. Ok then. That must've hurt,"

"Yeah, and the boy in my dream was crying before he finally noticed my presence," Junhui tells, and Wonwoo and Mingyu nod. The fact that Junhui had a soulmate was startling enough, but the fact that he was freaking out over him was even more shocking.