𝐌𝐲 𝐈 | 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐡𝐚𝐨

Start from the beginning

"Ah! But hyung! Jeonghan hyung said that there's going to be someone new there and we all want to meet him and show him some respect, nae?" Wonwoo asks, hoping to use this excuse as something to make his hyung go, but to his dismay, he was turned down with a simple 'I'll just see them later.'

Wonwoo sighs, but complies with his hyung's wishes.

"Alright then. I'll see you later." Wonwoo says and gets out of the room. The door closes gently behind Wonwoo and Junhui could hear him talking to Mingyu, explaining that the Chinese male was 'sick' and unable to go.

Soon, the main door slams shut and Junhui lets out a deep sigh.

He really didn't mean to make his best friends upset, but he knew that if he went to the party, he wouldn't be coming home sober. Maybe he wouldn't come back home at all for the night.

He groans as he stands up, muscles aching when he suddenly feels an intense pain in his abdomen. He doubles over in pain, clutching his stomach and gasping for air. He could feel tears pooling in his eyes as he grabs his bed stand with one hand, gripping it so hard that his knuckles turned white.

After a few seconds, he could feel the pain dying down a little bit before he could stand, a sharp pain to his rib brings him down again. The pain intensifies and soon, his head was hurting as well. The pain in his head was so intense that he passed out with one thought in his head.

Is this my soulmate's pain?

Jun opens his eyes, blinking his eyes as he looks up at his ceiling. Then he frowns. His ceiling wasn't beige. It was a light baby blue, which Mingyu insisted would look nice.

He sits upright in the bed and looks around and nearly passes out again when he sees another male. The other male was in bed beside Junhui, curled up in a ball and gently sobbing. His head was buried in the pillow and he was clutching tightly to his stomach.

Junhui frowns.

The boy was crying, and he seemed to be in a lot of pain. He slowly reaches out for the boy, but as he nears the boy, the boy looks up, straight at Junhui. His eyes were puffy and his cute button nose was red. Junhui stares back at the boy in awe, hand frozen right in front of the boy's stomach.

The boy's eyes widen and he backs away slowly, grimacing in pain with the movement.

"W-Who are you?" both boys ask in unison and both their eyes widen. Junhui pulls his hand back and gulps as the boy's eyes well up with tears. His hands automatically go to his mouth, closing it as he chokes on his sobs.

Junhui's eyes widen as he starts to panic. He had never really been good at comforting people and he never really tried, but with this boy, something in him compelled him to do just that. He reaches out and strokes the boy's head, mentally cooing at the softness of the boy's hair.

"H-Hey! It's alright. I won't hurt you. Why're you crying?"

The boy looks up at him with wet lashes and whimpers, voice cracking.

"Mama told me that only soulmates show up and talk to us in our dreams. You're h-here," the boy whimpers, crying again as his voice quiets down at the end. Junhui's body goes limp upon hearing those words, and he looks down at his hand, where there was a white string attached to his ring finger. Before he could say anything, he blacks out again.

Jun wakes up with a start, panting as he stares at the baby blue ceiling above his head. He sighs as he looks around.