The Phone Call

Time skip, 6 days

       It had been almost three weeks since the incident, and the two were given permission to take as long as they need until reintegrating back into classes. Peridot was still taking her time to recover at her own pace and Lapis staying with her to take care of her. She had started going back into some of her classes but for the most part stayed at home with Peridot, helping her. They were sitting on the couch together watching television when Peridot's phone began to go off. She thought nothing of it at first, but once she picked up, she could tell this was no normal call.

"Hello?" She said into the phone.

       "Hello, is this miss Peridot Ali-Olivera?" The voice on the other line asked.

       "Yes, this is," she replied.

"Hi, my name is Molly Pittman. I work for the California state judicial office and have called you regarding an incident regarding you being taken advantage of by a young woman, Jasper Lucas Quartz, correct?" The woman who was apparently known as Molly asked.

      She hesitated, anxious at the topic, but responded. "Y-Yes, that is correct."

     "I'm calling to inform you that a trial is to take place Monday, May 15th; in about two months. You are required to testify in court against the accused," Molly informed.

     "Oh. Ok, thank you Molly," Peridot replied, then leaning against Lapis for a sense of comfort at the mention of the sensitive topic.

Taking the cue, Lapis held onto her anxious girlfriend, her arms wrapped around her as she felt her slightly shaking.

       They continued on the phone for a while discussing insurance, lawyers, time and dates, and requirements she would have to do.

       "Thank you," Peridot said, extremely emotionally sensitive after having to discuss the topic of her traumas. With that, she heard Molly hang up the call. She rested her phone on the coffee table and fully relaxed into Lapis's arms.

       "What was that all about?" Lapis said trying to lighten the mood a bit with a slightly humorous tone, but still showing genuine concern.

      She nodded, still off put from the previous conversation.

        "I'm gonna have to testify in court"