FIFTY NINE: Smoke Break

Start from the beginning

Standing up, Dabi flicked his cigarette out into the elements, moving closer until he nearly had me backed up against the wall.
"Well, you're doing it for me, so which is it?" I could smell the nicotine on his breath, and it took almost too much not to try and kill him then and there.

My fingertips brushed against the rough bricks behind me, and I lifted my chin a little, refusing to show any kind of fear or disgust.
"Oh? Did you wanna find out..?" He was such a waste. He was strong, he was capable, and he had such incredible eyes. If he hadn't been the reason for my pain and suffering, I would have pitied him.

Those azure eyes searched mine for a while, and I waited patiently for the bite. The air was chill, and my skin prickled with goosebumps, but that was good. It added to my little charade.
"Tsk tsk, sweetheart. What would your darling husband say?" He purred in his raspy voice, leaning in a little too close to my face. "Maybe I should keep letting you get bored and see what comes of it, hmm?"

Keep your cool, (Y/N)...You've done this a thousand times...He's just like every other creep you've used and been used by...

But he wasn't. He was the creep who had been the ultimate cause of my living hell. His suffering wouldn't heal me, but it would be a pleasant experience, nonetheless.
"Come on, Dabi...Please..?" Reaching out, I grasped the scooped neck of his white shirt, and that was when I knew I had made progress.

His pulse gave him away. I could feel it pounding from such a light touch. Now, all I needed was to keep him hooked.
"Do I look like the kind of guy who falls for begging..?" He asked with a smirk, pressing me up against the wall completely. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't just kill you and find a new assistant."

Was I intimidated? Yes. I'd seen photos of Dabi's aftermath, and they had been some of the most unsettling pictures I had ever seen, but I was committed.
"Do it, then." I dared him, raising my chin defiantly. "Perhaps an eternal romp in hell would be less of a bore." Closer he came, and composed I remained, despite the blazing urge to rip his throat out with my own teeth.

"Don't be like that, sweetheart. I never said I wasn't interested...Actually, the begging makes it more tempting...Is that what you're trying to do? Tempt me? Seduce me, so you can lower my guard and stab me in the back? I know you heroes love to do that." His breath was bittered by nicotine, and his lips were too close to scraping against my own, but still, I stayed in character.

The rain began to get heavier, the splashback hitting against our ankles, and likely the villain's back.
"You really think I give a shit about hero culture? The people who let me starve and be screwed over for almost my entire life? Sure, I love Hawks. He fed me, clothed me, put a roof over my head...but you've heard what people say about him, right? That he's too fast?" My hand crept up from the neck of Dabi's shirt, just a little, so that my fingers brushed against his coarse, grafted skin. "I need to be with a man who can fuck longer than it takes to have a morning stretch..."

I'm sorry, Keigo...Didn't wanna do that to you...

A genuine chuckle, much different to his usual, sarcastic snickering, told me I was doing well. Maybe too well. His knee didn't feel right as it pushed up between my legs, but luckily my gasp was shaky, and easily miscommunicated.
"Oh, I'm sure I could meet such an expectation..." His whisper died out as he closed the gap I never wanted to, his lips an equal split between velvet and worn leather. Nothing had disgusted me as much as that feeling, but even if that was the case, I kissed him back.

"Now I'm glad I skipped lunch..."

Dabi grunted in frustration as he pulled back, turning to glare at Trumpet, one of the other high-class members I had been lucky enough to avoid.
"I'm a bit fucking busy. What?"  The lieutenant rolled his eyes as he leaned against the door frame, adjusting his glasses.
"Geten has been looking for you. He wishes to discuss a few things. He was planning on sending a message through your little gopher, but she's obviously on break..." His tone made me want to sock him right in the face, but I stayed quiet. I had to choose my battles.

"Whatever. Tell the frosty little shit I'll be there in a sec..." Dabi sighed, taking a small step back from me. "Piss off." Trumpet, although visibly annoyed, did as he was told, and again I was left alone with the person I despised most.
"Rain check, then, I guess..?" I chuckled, tucking a loose (H/C) strand behind my ear.

"Mmm..." Dabi hummed, digging in to his pockets, pulling out a tobacco pouch and some papers, beginning to roll another cigarette.
"Then...should I get back to scrubbing the skid marks out of Spinner's underwear, or..?" I moved to step towards the door, but Dabi kicked his leg out, his foot hitting against the wall and blocking my way. Rolling the cigarette part way, he reached out to me with a pointed finger, eyes dark and somewhat eerie.

"Suck." The mere thought of having anything more than just his lips near my mouth nearly sent me into a gagging fit, but, stubborn and proud, I did what I was ordered to do. This was work. Nothing more, nothing less, if I didn't count my want of violent revenge. Knowing that the finger in my mouth, that was being caressed by my tongue, had been involved in so many murders was horrific. Seeing the arousal on his face, the same face that had been the last thing so many people had seen, made my stomach lurch. Seeing him made me want to stoop to his fucking level.

Mark my words, Dabi...I will destroy you...

"Good girl..." Dabi murmured as he removed his finger, the wet sound it made echoing in my ears. He proceeded to use my saliva to seal the cigarette before placing it between his lips, igniting it with the same finger. The flash of cerulean that glowed against his mismatched skin painted a picture in my mind. An image of death and hatred towards the world. My hatred towards him. I almost yelped as I was startled back into the real world, the cigarette having been transplanted from his lips to mine. "Take the rest of the day off. Come find me if the boredom becomes too much to handle..."

The relief of him leaving should have at least settled me a little, but it didn't. The insufferable itch of his kiss, and the vile taste of his finger in my mouth couldn't be eased by the raw sting of unfiltered nicotine. Inhaling a deep wave of smoke, I fell back against the wall, slipping down until I met the ground, staring dead ahead at the murky, dreary weather that couldn't even hold a candle to my foul mood.

You have to do it, (Y/N). For the people...For Keigo...but most importantly, you have to do it for her...

.
.
.
.
.
.
***I shaved all my hair off and look like a fuzzy egg.

Next Time: Over Easy***