FORTY EIGHT: Plus One

"Dinner..?"

Was it professional of me to be taking a personal call through my earpiece whilst standing on a villain's spine? Probably not, but nobody really seemed to care.

"Yeah, Fuyumi wants me to come to some stupid family dinner with the old man. She invited Shoto's classmates, so I wanted to know if you'd come as my plus one? She wants to meet you properly, plus it would be nice to have you with me..." Natsuo explained, pausing as I grunted, plopping myself down on the criminal's back to stop him trying to bolt. "Uh...is this a bad time..?"

Even though he couldn't see me, I shook my head, motioning to Shinpi and Tokoyami to come and give me a hand.
"No, it's fine. If you want me there, then I'm there. Your dad actually asked me to bring him some papers from the agency, so once I've done that, I'll head home and get ready, okay?" Climbing off the villain, I spotted the police pulling up, starting to head over.

"Ah, you're the best, Sugar! I'll pick you up around six?" Agreeing, I quickly ended the call, nodding to the officers to greet them.
"Thanks for coming so quickly. The guy has clipper hands. He's been running rampant, shaving people's heads." I explained, motioning to one of my other sidekicks, who was busy mourning the large patch of his hair that sat on the middle of the sidewalk.

"Yeah, he's been doing this for the past week or so. Glad somebody finally caught him. It's nice to see a hero actually doing their job." The officer's comment kind of miffed me off, but I couldn't be bothered to argue against him. Crime rate was high, and recently there seemed to be a high villain to hero ratio. It wasn't our fault.

Once the maniacal clipper was cuffed, Tokoyami and Shinpi approached me, the latter stretching his arms above his head.
"Let's continue then, shall we? This city isn't gonna protect itself." Brushing off my hands, I sighed, watching the cops drag off our most recent catch.
"Actually, I have to run an errand to the Endeavor agency. Do you mind taking Tokoyami and the others? If you need me I can come right back."

Playing with the zipper at the mouth of his mask, Shinpi nodded, his other arm draping over Tokoyami's shoulders.
"I've gotcha covered, honey. We'll be fine on our own, right Tsukuyomi?" The student agreed with a tilt of his head, but I still felt kind of bad. The agency had been swamped lately thanks to Hawks' absence, as well as my own.

"Thanks, boys! I owe you one!" I wasted no time in taking off, stopping over at my own agency to gather the required papers before starting towards Endeavor's. I had no idea why he wanted all of the information. It was mostly just finance records and employee data, but hey, there had to be a reason.

I still think the burning lug isn't telling me something important...

I was frustrated to find that the office window had been locked, so I had to use the main entrance. The main hall was bustling, like always, an I ended up running straight into Burnin.
"Yo, SB! Looks like you're all nice and healed now!" The pyromantic woman gave me a chummy punch to the arm, and I pretended it didn't hurt.
"Hahaha, yep...Like it never happened...Uh, is Endeavor around? I have to talk to him about something."

I didn't dislike Burnin. She was a proud, powerful hero, and she had a lot of spunk, but she was loud, and kind of intimidating. Definitely someone only able to be handled in small doses, much like Ms. Joke or Present Mic.
"Last I saw he was with Shoto and the other intern kids. They're all having lunch on the roof, so he might be up there!" She pointed to the stairs, and I thanked her, quickly running back outside and using my quirk to fly up. Fuck the stairs.

"Aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee!" Did I feel bad about making the freckled shrub boy scream and throw half of his sandwich off the side of the building? A little, yes, but he didn't seem to mind once he realised who I was.
"You startled us, Songbird." Todoroki stated, not looking the least bit frazzled. Bakugou kicked his heels against the concrete, shaking his head furiously.
"Speak for your fucking self, Icyhot!"