TWENTY ONE: Parties and Plus Signs

Nothing really changed over the following weeks. Hawks was rarely home, and when he was, he was kind of off. I tried not to let it eat at me, so I kept myself busy with wedding preparations, as the date many deemed too soon was already looming over our heads.

Yet again I was roaming the halls of UA in search of my avian underling, but this time was so I could take him to see Best Jeanist, so he could fit him for his groomsmen attire.
"Oh, hey, it's that angel girl again! Hi, angel girl!" I turned around and spotted the exam boys walking towards me, and I gave them a casual wave.

"Sup, guys? Have you seen Tokoyami anywhere? I'm supposed to be picking him up." I explained; trying to ignore the ogling from the blond with the streak of black.
"I think he already went back to the dorms...We can walk you there, if you want?" The redhead; Kirishima, if I remembered correctly, offered.

"We doesn't include me..." Bakugou, who I couldn't forget, growled as he started off past me, and I fell into step with the other two.
"Technically it does, seeing as he's headed there too." Blondie chuckled in a whisper. I let them chatter on about their internships and other things I wasn't particularly interested in; even occasionally adding in my own word or two. It wasn't unpleasant, but I was a bit too wrapped up in my own thoughts to really hold much of a conversation.

I'm gonna look ridiculous having only one person in my wedding party...

"Welcome to our humble abode! Mi casa es...um...your mi casa..?" Denki struggled with his straggling braincells as he opened to door for me, and I stepped into the class one A dormitory slowly.
"Oooh, who's this?!" I was immediately met with...nothing...nothing but a floating uniform, which had me sweat dropping.
"Toru, you ninny...that's Songbird! That new badass hero!" A pink girl with cute little horns joined the presence before me, and I kind of relaxed when I realised it was just a quirk.

"Uh...yeah, that's me..." I chuckled nervously as I tried to act friendly. "...I wouldn't say I'm a badass though..." I wasn't used to positive attention, but I had a feeling these two girls were going to keep it up.
"You totally are! When you debuted, you were all like...SCREEEEEEEEEEE! Then all those villain guys were like...WAAAAAHHHHH! It was sick!" The pink child made so many crazy gestures with her arms, and I was certain she knocked the invisible girl more than once with her elbow. "I'm Mina! Ashido Mina! This is Hagakure Toru!"
"You're engaged to Hawks, right?! He's so lucky!" It was overwhelming being surrounded by these younger people; Mina and Hagakure to my front and both Kirishima and Kaminari to my sides. It was making me feel kinda dizzy.

"W..well...you guys can just call me (Y/N)...and...yeah...we're engaged...but I wouldn't say he's lucky at all..." I rubbed the back of my neck; praying for an excuse to step away, when I finally saw my bird-headed target emerge from the stairwell. "Toko, my man!" I darted around the girls and ran up to him as he gave me a nod.
"Good afternoon, (Y/N). I'm sorry if you had trouble finding me, I was just about to head back to the school building to meet you." As usual, Dark Shadow apparated from nowhere and nuzzled into my side. "Ugh...down, boy..."
"I missed you, too, D-Shad..." I smiled as I let him snuggle against me. "So, you ready to go? Jeanist forced me to take a limo so it's waiting out front..."

"Wait! Where are you going and why is Tokoyami going with you?" Hagakure questioned loudly, and I sighed as I turned to explain the situation.
"Hawks wants him to be one of his groomsmen, so I'm taking him to see Best Jeanist so he can be fitted for a suit. We're meeting Ms. Joke there so we can sort out her..." I trailed off; an idea sparking in my mind.

Just wait just a diddly darn fucking second...Eureka..!

"...Actually...how would you two like to be my brides maids..? I..I know it probably sounds stupid, seeing as we just met...but, I don't have any female friends, and I-"
"HELL TO THE FRICK FRACKING YES!" I was nearly deafened by their unified shrieks, and I flinched back, almost bumping into another girl who walked into the room at the wrong time, looking as though she somewhat regretted her decision.