FORTY NINE: Thanks For the Meal

"I'm so glad you actually came! I really thought you'd skip out at the last second!"

I had known Todoroki Fuyumi for all of five seconds, and in that time I had already sworn to destroy anyone who had ever touched a hair on her precious head.
"Yeah, well, almost did...(Y/N) talked me out of it..." Natsuo nodded his head to me and his sister's attention switched instantly.
"Ahhh! It's so great to finally meet you! Do you mind if I call you by your first name? Or would you prefer your hero name? Oh gosh, I'm rambling, I'm sorry!"

Too bright...Must protect...

I stepped forward and gave her a friendly hug, even though it was out of my character, smiling as much as I could.
"(Y/N), I insist. Thank you so much for inviting us tonight." We slipped off our shoes and followed Fuyumi into the dining area, and I was in awe at how nice the Todoroki household looked. Pure, classic Japanese.

"No no, thank you for taking the time to come! Natsuo has been raving about you for weeks and I can see why!" Turning, I gave Natsuo a smirk, adding to the embarrassment his sister had already heaped onto him.
"I don't rave on..." He pouted, sitting himself down at the table. It was obvious to me that Fuyumi was still in the middle of cooking, so I thought I'd offer some assistance.
"Hey, do you need a hand at all? I'm not the best in the kitchen, but I'm happy to help." I offered, and I swore the white and red angel was about to shed a tear of gratitude.

"I..I wouldn't want to put a guest to work like that...but...may be you could lend a hand with plating up? I went a little overboard and made way too much because I have no idea how teenagers eat! If they're anything like Natsuo, I may not have made enough!" She rambled, and I began to laugh as Natsuo made several rather numerous noises of offence behind me.

"Absolutely, whatever you need. Lead the way!" With that, I followed Fuyumi into the kitchen, washed my hands and got to work. She really hadn't been exaggerating when she said she went overboard. My entire agency wouldn't have been been able to finish off a spread like that.
"So, (Y/N), sorry to sound so nosey, but are you and Natsuo official? N..not that I think you're just messing around or anything! I just find it a little hard to believe that such a popular hero would...wait, that sounds so rude of me! I'm sorry!"

Fuyumi's panic was slightly contagious, and I quickly shook my head, reassuring her that I wasn't upset by it.
"No no! Not at all! Yeah, we're official. I'm just not making any statements about it to the media because I don't want anybody else being hounded by reporters." I explained, carefully setting some beef down onto one of the plates that sat on the bench. "I'm not even really that popular, anyway. Natsuo is a breath of fresh air, compared to..."

Takami fucking Keigo...

"...to other people I've dated." Salting her hands, Fuyumi picked up another handful of rice, moulding it in her palms.
"I hope he's treating you well, then. Lately he's been pretty snarky, but that might just be because of-"

There was a knock at the door. A real speak of the devil kind of moment. I heard Endeavor let himself in, followed by several other sets of footsteps, and both Fuyumi and I quickly wiped off our hands to greet them. I made my way to Natsuo's side, barely reaching him before the flame hero entered the room, and he immediately tensed.

"Thank you so much for coming! I'm Shoto's sister, Fuyumi! Nice to meet you! Thank you for taking such great care of him!" As the queen among peasants introduced herself to Bakugou and Midoriya, I felt the stifling tension between Endeavor and his son, so I decided to spare the evening of at least a few minutes of that.

"Oh, Enji, could I have a quick word with you before we sit down?" I grabbed the folder I had brought along with me and held it up, and he motioned for me to follow him into the next room.
"It's weird knowing you're dating my son." He said pointedly, removing his coat and slinging it over a chair.
"It's weird seeing you without the whole pyro-stash thing, too. We're even."