a whole lot of history

"I'm pregnant."

Harry froze, his hand almost pushing the handle. He turned, his mouth gaping as he stared at the young lady.

Jade stayed in her position and shut her eyes close, afraid of seeing Harry's reaction. She cursed herself mentally for dropping the bomb on Harry unexpectedly. She had anticipated Harry to walk out of the room, but she heard nothing.

The silence in the room is deafening and she could feel a tear rolling down her cheek.

And then, her body is suddenly engulfed into a hug. She recognises this smell, Harry's cologne. Cautiously, she opened her eyes and Harry held onto her tighter. "Jade!" He squealed and Jade became confused.

He's happy?

"You're not joking? You're not playing with me?" He locked eyes with her. Jade shook her head but her body stayed still. She doesn't know how to react.

She tried to pull away but Harry pulled her closer and leaned his lips against her temple. "I'm so happy, oh my god. Why didn't you tell me earlier?" He let go of her and crouched to her abdomen. He tugged on her shirt and bashfully asked her, "Can I?"

Jade nodded and he lightly lifted her shirt. His hand caressed her stomach lightly as though he's afraid he will hurt her. "Hi baby, I'm your daddy," she heard him whispering then she felt his lips on her abdomen. Tears began to well up in her eyes.

"How far along are you?"

"Five weeks."

"Five weeks," he whispered and continued planting kisses on her lower abdomen. "I will spoil you, little monster." He stood up and gazed at Jade. Then he leaned into her lips. "I love you so much," he whispered as he pulled apart. He pulled her into an embrace again. 

"Are you not mad?" Jade asked. 

"Mad? Of course not! I'm fucking excited!" He closed his mouth. "Oh no, I just cursed in front of our monster."

"Are you seriously calling our child little monster?" Jade hit his shoulder lightly, "And it's only five weeks. They can't hear anything."

"Is that why you wanted to break up with me?" 

Jade nodded slightly, her eyes refused to meet with his. She is ashamed of her actions, of underestimating Harry. "I'm sorry," her eyes start to water. "I'm such a fool, I shouldn't have done that."

"Good that you know. I love you so much Jade Amelia Thirlwall, I won't do the same mistake as the previous time," he nudged his nose against her. "Is there anything else I need to know?"

Jade shook her head.

"Well, there is something for you to know." Jade felt her heart dropped. What if he says he met someone during their one-week break-up?

"On the day that you broke up with me," he started, speaking slowly so that she was following him, "I bought a new house. I wanted to ask you to move in with me."

She gasped. "You're joking."

"I'm not. When I purchased the house I was already imagining a future with you and our future children. Our little monster might have come a bit earlier than expected, but I won't change anything."

He stared at her straight. "So Jade Amelia Thirlwall, will you do the honour of moving in with me?"

Happiness trembled inside of her. "Without any doubt."

The pair had been too focused on each other that they didn't realise the door had opened, revealing three heads peeping through the door.

"Finally! No more moping Amelia!"