we went and lost it

10th July 2019

A month since Jade's breakup

"Hey babe, how are you feeling?" Jesy hugged me followed by Leigh-Anne who pecked me on the cheeks. I smiled and removed my sunglasses and headed into Sony's building. We had been busy writing and recording new songs for our new album when our label called us in for a meeting. Hence here we are, on our off day, waiting for Perrie to arrive so that we could head to the meeting room together.

"Wait, so what's the plan?" Leigh-Anne asked mischief etched on her face.

"Simple. We're just gonna pretend we don't know anything," I replied, giggling. Jesy and Leigh-Anne soon burst into laughter thinking about the prank we were going to carry out.

Soon after, the main star of the day arrived in her glorious self. "Baby!" Perrie ecstatically hugged all three of us together, "Today's a good day isn't it!" 

Jesy, Leigh-Anne and I maintained a nonchalant face. "What do you mean?" I asked.

Jesy cleared her throat and Leigh-Anne immediately divert her attention to the ground, trying not to laugh.

"Oh, you know. I'm just thinking such a wonderful day for someone to be celebrating their birthday!" Perrie exclaimed, her hands clasped under her chin while she stared dreamily at the ceiling. I ignored her statement and made my way to the elevator, the other three following suit.

"Anyway, I was thinking," Perrie started.

"You shouldn't be thinking so much Pez. Wouldn't want to lose any more brain cells would ya?" Jesy jested to which Perrie immediately hushed her.

"We should go out clubbing today! My dear Alex is currently out of the country, so I'm free!" Perrie exclaimed, her blue eyes shining with excitement. Leigh-Anne snorted.

"Be careful Perrie, what if he heard that?"

"Alex loves me too much he wouldn't mind!" replied Perrie though simultaneously glaring at Leigh-Anne.

"What do you say, Jade?" Perrie inquired as we stepped into the elevator.

"Sure," I replied absent-mindedly as I pressed the button 20.

"I don't know about this. The last time we went out drinking all of us got drunk as hell and Jade went missing," Jesy tried to reason.

I sighed. "For the last time Miss Nelson, I didn't go missing. I just made a drunken mistake by sleeping with-,"

"Yes yes we know, Mr Harry," Leigh-Anne rolled her eyes.

"That's how it started a few years ago, didn't it?" Jesy asked, eyes full of concern, making me sigh, my shoulders hunching as a result.

A month ago after I reached my apartment, I immediately replied to the girls in our group chat and turned off my phone and dozed off. When I woke up in the evening, the girls had somehow entered my apartment with boxes of pizzas and ice cream. I wasn't happy they had crashed my apartment of course and I was silently cursing myself for giving each of them a spare key to my house. Despite my attempt to get rid of them, the girls stayed until my mood was better and I broke down when I realized the arse I had been to them when all they wanted to do was to be there for me. Lo and behold, even before I knew it we were eating pizzas and munching on chips while I told them what had happened with Harry the previous night and the texts Jed had sent to me.

Jesy was outraged when she read the text Jed had sent me while Leigh-Anne, Perrie and I were doing our best to stop her from calling and texting Jed. That night, we were all sprawled all over the living room, ignoring the mess we made and I went to sleep thinking, 'God I love these girls so much'.