Chapter 1

Milabeth's POV

"I'm Dr. Lucius Isidry Santos."

He extended his hand para makipagshake hands. But I was too stunned to respond. Our eyes met and we stayed like that for a while. I ignored to shake hands with him and instead I brought my hand to his face. I began to caress his cheek to know if I am currently dreaming or not.

My fingers brushed on his skin but he remained to stand still. Even he's face doesn't show reaction at all. I was snapped back to reality when he held my hand and placed it away from his cheeks.

"I'm sorry. I-I-I don't know what I was doing." I said habang binabawi ko yung kamay ko mula sa pagkakahawak niya but he held it tight. He bent down para pumantay sa height ko.

"Sayang. May girlfriend na ako." He whispered sabay bitaw sa kamay ko. Nagsitaasan naman lahat ng balahibo sa katawan ko.

I couldn't find the right word to say nor the right gesture to act. I may be standing still, but my whole system was in shock.

"Dr. Villareal are you alright?" Tanong ni Dr. Miranda.

What the hell did just happened? I am fully aware of how messed up my life is at ngayon na dagdagan pa. What have I done so wrong?

"Uhm, I'm good. Excuse me po, I'll just head to the restroom." I excused myself and went to my office instead of the restroom.

Nung makarating ako sa office I immediately grabbed my phone and looked for Lucius' social media account pero walang ni isang post dun, well ever since everything went blurry for us. The last one he got was the restaurant where we ate in Batanes. Eto yung picture na naka-side view ako. When I pressed the back button, I saw another profile named to Lucius and I was taken aback with what I saw. It's profile picture was him circling his arms around Brie.

"Are you this low Santos?" If he's with Brie, then he really was Lucius. But Tita Daisy and Tito Lucas grieved for him. He even left me a letter, what the hell is going on? Then who's grave am I visiting for the past 8 years?

Something is definitely odd. Someone's hiding something. When I found out that Lucius was dead and ask people about it, they didn't tell me anything and they just let the letter from Lucius speak on all of their behalf. When I looked for his tomb they said that it was in the Philippines, which was odd because considering that what they will ship out was a corpse.

Naalala ko kasi dati yung sabi ni Mommy na namatayan siya ng pasyente from Australia, ipina-cremate ng family yung namatay but it took them long to finish the papers of allowing the ash itself to be shipped. How much more kung bangkay na yun? Tito Lucas must've used his connections, but "why is Lucius working at the same hospital as mine" is the question.

Naputol ang malalim kong iniisip ng may kumatok sa pinto ng office ko.

"Come in." Sabi ko. Kasabay ng pagbukas ng pinto ay ang pag-angat ng ulo ko para makita kung sino yung kumatok. Napalunok naman ako at napahinga ng malalim dahil si Lucius pala yun.

"Relax. Ako lang to. I dropped by to give you this." He smiled at may iniabot siya sa aking brown envelope.

"Bye." Sabi niya habang naka-angat ang kanang kamay niya at nakapamulsa naman ang kaliwa.
Gusto ko nalang umiyak.

My life's a joke. Back then, I always wanted to wake up from this very bad dream of Lucius dying, but waking up this way isn't what I wanted.

"Why am I so fucked up?!" Sigaw ko sabay hampas ng mesa. Nagulat ako dahil masakit pala. Pero mas nagulat ako ng makita ko si Lucius sa pintuan, he's quite amused. Narinig ba niya yung sigaw ko?
My eyebrows crooked at him.