Together {Part 2}

It's been 3 days since the incident and within those 3 days were the happiest days in Astrid's life. She finally confessed her feelings to Hiccup. She's in a loving home. And she can cuddle with Hiccup throughout the night. Yet, within those 3 days, her father was texting her, demanding her to come home. Astrid chooses to ignore the texts. But it doesn't stop there. It went from a couple of texts to spamming her phone, to calling her daily. Yet, she chooses to ignore it. She's happier than she ever was and she won't let her father bring her down. She has Hiccup and Stoick and that's all she ever needed.

Astrid woke up this morning, the sun shining brighter than before, making her blind for a second. She peers over to her right, seeing the spot where Hiccup usually sleeps empty. She goes for her phone, that was charging on the nightstand, and immediately looked at the notifications.

Hiccup ❤️

Hey, I went to work early. If you want breakfast, my dad already has a meal prepared for you downstairs. Remember, we have an appointment at the police department once I'm off. See you soon. 💕❤️

Astrid softly smiled at the message then later frowned. She remembers that she has to talk to the police and tell them everything. Though she wants to tell them, she also doesn't want her father arrested. He's the only family member she knows and remembers. The rest of her family either passed away or lived too far to contact. She bit her lip as she received another message from her father.

Dad

Come back you fucking slut. I'm your damn dad and I've taken care of you ever since your pathetic life was born. I've been calling you for 4 damn fuckin days and I just had it. If you don't come back home within the next 24 hours, I will find you and I will send you to see your mother.

Astrid bit her lip as she tried not to cry. Part of her wants to crawl back home to not get beaten, but the other half wants to stay where it's safe. Astrid was debating whether she should or should not. Then she made a decision, she went to the contacts and blocked her Father. She doesn't want to deal with his bullshit and prefers not too. She stood up and went downstairs for breakfast. After walking down the staircase, she was immediately greeted by the smell that instantly made her stomach growled.

Bacon and eggs with a side of pancakes. Simple, but she hasn't had this kind of food back at her place. She saw a note next to the plate. It was written by Stoick, saying he was at work and will come late. She put the paper aside and began to eat. She pulled out her phone and decided to answer Hiccup's text message.

As she sent the message, she thought for a moment on what she's going to do today. She would clean but the house is already decent enough to call it 'clean'.
Then work came to mind. Astrid doesn't want to wait around almost all day for Hiccup to come home. And she definitely doesn't want to use his money for her interest. She rather works and has her own, besides she feels guilty asking for money from Hiccup for her needs. Not that Hiccup minds either way but still. She grabbed Hiccup's laptop that was by the counter and began to do some work.

                             =============

Hiccup came through the front door, putting his key by the bowl that was sitting on a counter; which is by the door. "Astrid? I'm home." He called out.

"I'm in the living room."

He smiled in delight as he saw his girlfriend, wearing his own hoodie, playing on his laptop. He casually walked over to his girlfriend and gave her a quick peck at the cheek, "What's my beautiful girlfriend doing."

"Your girlfriend is trying to find a job. At least a part-time job."

"A job you say? I mean you can work with me, you know? I don't think Gobber minds you being there."