Lazy Sunday

Modern AU
Age: 23

The sun shining through the windows of the Haddock's household. The house quiet, peaceful, and toasty. Hiccup and Astrid were sound asleep, both having their backs against each other. Astrid slept in the left side, where the window was. The sunlight shining through the curtains, bring light into the room. The light went to Astrid's eyes, disturbing her peaceful sleep. Trying to ignore it, she put her arm over her eyes. Then she sighs, and remove her arm. She opened her eyes, regreting afterwards when the light hit directly to her eyes. She used her hand and blocked the sun's light. She stretched a bit, then yawned. She smacked her lips and turned to Hiccup.

She smiled and hug his waist, inhaling his scent once she got closer to him. She kissed his bare shoulder, and again, and again. Hiccup began to stir, and yawned. He turned around, with his eyes still closed, and hugged Astrid.

"Good morning." Astrid whispered.

"Mmmn..." Hiccup groaned.

Astrid chuckled and shuffle his hair. "Wake up, we have work."

"Mmmh...why."

"Because if we don't go, we don't get our paid checks."

"We can take a day off... Just for today."

Hiccup nuzzle Astrid's neck, then just staying there.

"You can. But you know my boss won't let me." Astrid sighs.

"I can talk you out of it... You know I can talk myself out of everything." Hiccup whispered, still have his eyes closed.

Astrid sighs and position herself, having her back on his bare chest. Hiccup kept his hands on her waist, as Astrid looked at his hands. She grabbed his left hand and looked at it. She smiled and saw the gold ring he had on his ring finger. She looked at her left hand, having the gold ring on her ring finger.

"Fine…but when you're about to talk to my boss tell me." Astrid spoke.

"Mmmm... Alright." Hiccup said.

Astrid felt Hiccup smile in her neck, making her smile too. Then she heard claws scratching the floors.

'Bark!'

Next think they know, a Black German Shepherd had entered their room and jumped on the bed. Mostly, the Black German Shepherd jumped on the bed, landing on Hiccup.

"Gah! Toothless!" Hiccup yelled.

The reason why the Black German Shepherd named Toothless was that he was missing one of his canine teeth. Dogs teeth are like humans, once they lost their adult teeth, it would never come back.

Toothless wagged his tail as he was licking Hiccup.

"Ah! Toothles, sit!" Hiccup yelled.

Toothless sat on top of him, still wagging his tail.

"I was planning on kissing you, but now I changed my mind." Astrid joked.

"What? It's just dog saliva." Hiccup said.

"Yeah, no."

Then the sound of wings flapping in the air. A parrot came flying in, landing on the lamp beside Astrid. The parrot was blue, and the tips of the hair on its head were yellow, as the chest was yellow as well. Astrid let out her arm, as the parrot landed on it.

"Hey Stormfly." Astrid said, scratching the parrot's neck.

The parrot sqwaked, which made Toothless bark. Even 'till this day, Hiccup and Astrid thought how in the world that Toothles haven't ate Stormfly yet. They did read about dogs eating or killing pet birds but Toothles haven't killed Stormfly. Stormfly flew towards Hiccup, landing on his head.